You "apostates" encourage me!

by Smiles 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles
    Smiles

Yeah that's right. You "apostates" actually encourage me.

Imagine that..... After everything the WT has said about people like you. And after the WT has labeled you as 'bad people', 'Satan's offspring', "apostates", people who have committed the "unforgivable sin"........

You "apostates" often have something encouraging to say.

You "apostates" say and discuss things that the WT does not allow the JWs to discuss. Things people should discuss and need to discuss.

You "apostates" preach and allow for freedom of speech, etc.,

You "apostates" are candid and even brutally honest about matters.

You "apostates" say it like it is. You say the stuff the WT and JWs are too scared to say.

You "apostates" have no spin doctors to protect your public "image".

You "apostates" do not prevent a persons right to know what the hell is going on.

You "apostates" will listen to JW related complaints without trying to DF people and rip them away from their family and friends.

You "apostates" generally offer more practical suggestions based on your personal experiences. Not some over rated, manufactured, mass-produced, cure-all, WT like stuff.

The list could go on and on.

But most of all, you "apostates", who have commited the WT version "unforgivable sin", actually allow a person to express themselves without making the person feel guilty for doing so.

I admire that about you "apostates".

I wish more JWs could freely express themselves. Their feelings, their frustrations, etc. That is SO HEALTHY. Any behavioral therapist, doctor or shrink will tell you that.

Although the WT pretends that they promote open, honest communication, that is a load of genuine WT style BS.

We ALL know that there are many, many, many JWs who must repress their feelings, thoughts and emotions because they are scared into silence by the threat of WT disciplinary repercussions of humiliation, abandonment, shunning and excommunication.

You "apostates" deserve a big "THANK YOU" for your part in, at least, trying to encourage JWs to break that cycle.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Thank you Smiles for using "Apostate" istead of Apostate (outside the quotation marks " "). Why ?

Because we're really not apostates. The word "Apostate" suits the current Governing Body members than to us (with all their pedophile scandals, ride on the back of UN DPI/NGO like a great harlot, involves in Rand Cam engines with their hands full of bloods from arms production etc...). THE ARE APOSTATES.

By the way, welcome and hope you will always smile...

jwsons

Edited by - jwsons on 26 December 2002 6:4:34

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Of course coz all us JWs ars so broken and blind, stumbling from one day to the next, always discouraging, hoping to rip familys apart, never telling it like it really is, inpractical, repressesd, overated, denying free expression and freedom of speach Morons...oh my the list could go on.....

So glad you are now so free. Love Scott of the "behavioral doctor or shrink class" (sorry if I didn't encourage you....that is sure to follow below)

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

That is very kind to say. AND true.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Smiles, that's an awesome post. From the sound of it, you don't need anyone to encourage you. One of the main scriptures that really stood out for me was Hebrews 10:24 the part that reads, "....encouraging one another....." this is sorely lacking among the friends.

Guest 77

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Now you know whom the real

APOSTATES ARE,

Through your own admissions ,yes you have taken the first drink of truth if you want to see more clearly only time will tell,its up to you

well seeing as you have not only had a nibble of freedom you now feel that you are attracted to freedom of speech ,which you have shown by commenting in writing well done, & welcome to the board,your lfe is about to change,you have seen through the (propaganda ) the society use against honest hearted people.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes we are a nice lot eh?? We dont always wear the "horns :" & carry our "Pitchfork" with us. but we do have freedom of thought...I think even when we disagree -we do it in love.....I enjoy this lot as if they were my own, I lost my daughter & some grandchildren to the WT.but I have tripled my"kids" by being here....Welcome aboard tell us about yourself. Happy holidays my friend

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Smiles,

Yeah, I know there are lots of folks who loosely use the term Apostates to describe "us", but that is truly not the case. We are "Apostates" only because the WTBTS labels all of us on the outside. Personally, I don't want to accept that type of labeling. It's simply not true.

The governing body of the WTBTS are the worse Apostates. They change and twist the "truths" they dispense to make them fit the moment.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Great post!

You said:

We ALL know that there are many, many, many JWs who must repress their feelings, thoughts and emotions because they are scared into silence by the threat of WT disciplinary repercussions of humiliation, abandonment, shunning and excommunication.

Yes. This is why I now call that very wealthy publishing company who masquerades as a religion a CULT!

Mrs. Shakita

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I never thought I would thank a person for calling me an apostate over 20 times in less than 500 words. Thanks! (I think....hehe)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit