Are JW's heading for the exit?

by pandorasbox1914 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• wozza
    wozza

I left some time ago so can't measure whether locally they are leaving ,but I met someone yesterday who I have known for 30 years and had left a few years ago saying she found it too hard to continue with a unbelieving husband and no support from the congregation ,she left the congo and her husband got divorced and ,holy shit, would'nt you know it got married again to an unbeliever and brought him back into the local congo.

She is such a nice person but why would you go back bringing someone else thinking the the judge in the sky will just overlook her indescretion ?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In the past there was always a percentage of kids that would leave and not come back same with adults and those that we're dfd. Now the numbers of those are up I believe and of course the numbers of new ones coming from the world are way down. The internet and their crazy doctrines along with science, evolution, etc are some of the many reasons for this. Its becoming obvious to me that as time goes on with the death of the members and those leaving that they will in fact and probably already have seen a decrease in members in the western world. The signs are there too. Consolidation of halls, money, etc.

Its the same as why the Borg doesn't talk much doctrine anymore. All there doctrines have been so blown up by apostates and Christians that they don't dare talk about them. Proof is always in how the Borg acts and responds that's the tell tale sign.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Its the same as why the Borg doesn't talk much doctrine anymore. All there doctrines have been so blown up by apostates and Christians that they don't dare talk about them. Proof is always in how the Borg acts and responds that's the tell tale sign.''

Seems to me, but the WT studies over the last 5 years or so have been noting about doctrine it seems anymore. Just talking about the numbers of pubs worldwide and praising the GB.

• WireRider
    WireRider

Christianity is about 2000 years old. The money-making-infomercial that is the Watchtower is only 100yrs old. The Watchtower has run it's course. Snake oil infomercial peddlers in an barren information age can no longer con people.

The entirety of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a tax dodge by the Watchtower. They are so scared that they will not allow anyone to set foot in a Catholic or Protestant CHURCH. How Biblical or "Jesus like" is that?

The only question is 60% don't want to be there at all but are too cowardly to leave. How will it end?

Russel was certifiable. He was never an ordained minister anywhere. He based false profit revelations of Armageddon on his measurements of pyramids. Russel was the con artist. He was never a "Judge". He had the authority to sign a judges papers in his stead. He lost in every public election he ever ran for.

The Watchtower is nothing more than a tax free real estate company that hides behind a fake construct of Arius's long dead religion that was ended by the Bible., and Catholic hating, religion. Make no mistake - the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses are Ariusists, or if you prefer Ariusism - intentionally proven wrong in the Bible - but yet the WT/JW insist on using a Jewish/Catholic Bible.. If you had millions to loose every year in taxes on Watchtower owned property, hidden behind the fake veil of a religion - what would you do. FREE FREE money from stupid people that just give it to you - what would you do?

It's not that much different than child sexual abuse cover ups. They infest and rape every community by claiming "religious" and tax free as real estate developers. Why am I paying taxes for fire/police/ambulance service for complete fraud organization?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that many more are looking longingly at the Exit.

Aching to find the strength and the way to leave.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Aching to find the strength and the way to leave.**

As the cult gets cultier, that's just it.

• freddo
    freddo

Our cong. of 90 "publishers" (in 2014) has an attendance of 60-65 average (boosted by some on a phone connection). Secretary told us last month that we were "83 publishers". So seven have gone somewhere. I'm a bit hazy but this is what I have picked up.

1 sister in her 70's dissasociated over doctrine and moved away.

1 brother in his 50's died

1 youngster became an unbaptised publisher

0 baptisms

1 sister in her 70's deliberately went inactive

1 sister in her 60's who "comes and goes" went inactive again

1 brother in his 60's went inactive

1 teenager went inactive from being an unbaptised publisher

1 youngster got baptised

1 young brother moved in due to work

2 (a couple) moved out

Share this

Google+