Told a JW about ARC in August, finally got a reply - Return to Jehovah booklet!!

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So I've mentioned this friend of my husband's who started writing to me out of the blue about three years ago, decades after we D'aed. Last August I wrote to her about the ARC and Jackson's summons. I gave her the website details so she could see for herself. I thought she would at least have a look online. Wrong, she sent me that revolting booklet Return to Jehovah instead.

Apparently she says Big J is very merciful and will never forget me. How arrogant, I haven't done anything that needs forgiving.

Child abuse? What does she think about Jackson being forced to appear before the Royal Commision?

'Unfortunately it seems to be everywhere now, how this system stinks! It is so rotten. Yes - even some who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses may not be true Christians, but we will have to leave that to ...(you know who)

She says 'we all have to answer to God for our actions. It is a very sad world we live in and we so desperately want Jehovah to do something soon - we hope so'.

This booklet says ' (big J) wants me to experience the relief of a clean conscience.' Written by men who hide paedophiles. Apparently 'the elders will treat (me) kindly..they will mercifully help (me) to correct any mistakes I have made'.

Who believes this rubbish! Why would I want to sit at the back of a KH for years with everyone ignoring me. They were doing this to people before I left, why doesn't this JW woman know this?

I don't know if I'll write again. Such wilfull refusal to look at the facts just revolts me. It is actually a sad world that she lives in and waiting for her invisible friend to save little children from abuse when they should all be yelling at their Elders about it is condoning it. I hate cowardice. At times like this I think if they haven't the guts to face reality after sixty years in that religion then they all deserve one another.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Sad that your former friend thinks that you have to repent something and how they see everything from the view "big J will correct all mistakes". She wants to help - and that is a likeable answer and signal - but of course she cannot admit that "big J", as you call him, and his organisation are on a meander.

My uncle is in this moment waiting in the starting blocks too to hand me out the "Return to big J" brochure. The elders of my congregation selected him out to contact me for a "major gift" that he should hand me over. Last time he could not snap me, because I was not at home. On phone uncle said: "If that (ARC) would be true, we would have been informed".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Xan - There is not enough vomit in the entire universe to express how your 'friend' makes me feel.

On the other hand, is she more to be pitied?

I don't know the arrogance is unbelievable.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I would contact her again to inform her that she's clearly not understood the truth which the A.R.C. exposed, namely, that the Org - even now - has a system in place which protects paedophiles, and endangers other children.

I wouldn't let her sidestep the issue.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Xanthippe: I hate cowardice. At times like this I think if they haven't the guts to face reality ... then they all deserve one another.

Agreed. There is a certain amount of cowardice involved in remaining in a religion that is so obviously corrupt.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The Searcher, yes I told her all that, that other children are being put at risk by the system that this religion has in place to deal internally with abuse rather than reporting it to the authorities. It just falls on deaf ears, she just goes on about how much we need the new system. It's a refusal to accept responsibility for anything that happens in the world, even in your own backyard.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Xanthippe,

This booklet says ' (big J) wants me to experience the relief of a clean conscience.'

You can always write that you went through the booklet but after you saw the testimony of the elders, overseers and the governing body member Geoffrey Jackson, you would never be able to have a clear conscience if you returned to the organization. How would your local congregation elders be able to address your concerns if a Governing Body members testimony did just the opposite?

• cha ching
    cha ching

*** w69 4/15 p. 229 How to Identify the True Religion ***

God’s Word shows that there are persons who may have the Bible and even study it but whose works prove that they disown the God they claim to know. “They publicly declare they know God,” the Bible says, “but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort.” (Titus 1:16; John 5:39, 40) The form of worship that they practice is not pleasing to God, because they do not allow his Word to exercise genuine power in their lives.—2 Tim. 3:5.

At first one might reason that it is simply one minister who is wrong or certain church members who do not do right. But what if the minister who downgrades the Bible continues to hold his position? And what if the church members who do wrong continue to be in good standing? Then it is time to face the fact that the bad fruits identify the religious organization itself.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

XAN - Imteresting experience. Honestly, I don't think your friend is either smart or honest enough to realize what the ARC is even about. It had nothing to do with "a few bad apples." It had everything to do with the fact that the INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSE by Watchtower regarding abuse SUCKS.

Personally, I expect this return to Jehovah nonsenseto get worse. Not only is there the booklet, but also the recent broadcasting episode.

I haven't been in a KH in over a year, and all of a sudden, folks we're not even close to at the KH are asking my wife "how I am" (my wife still attends, with great displeasure. Family stuff)

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit