Told a JW about ARC in August, finally got a reply - Return to Jehovah booklet!!

by Xanthippe 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    ... folks we're not even close to at the KH are asking my wife "how I am"

Well Kurt you're fine cause you're working on your next book: The return of the Kilgore Trout

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

From a mainstream Christian (Christiandom) perspective, my response to your 'friend' might be: "yes...leave it to Jehovah/Jah/God/YHWH. Leave it to God and God alone. He's the almighty, with Jesus as his mediator. Your 'governing body' does not speak for God. No man, or group of men can do that. I'd say personally, that in light of all the blatant child-abuse coverups which are based directly on policy written by YOUR gov body....that it's PROOF ALONE that your not J-vah's organization. If anything, you're probably anti-Christian, but I'm not going to shun you for that. It's not my place. That's between you and God. Oh...and may God bless you."

That'd be a 'Christian' response, FWIW. Coming from someone like me who probably spends more time in shitty 3rd world bars, than churches. Still, I mean well.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Unbelievable! I don't think you can reason with someone that is so brainwashed.

(big J) wants me to experience the relief of a clean conscience - it's only since leaving the WT that I've experienced a clean conscience! I'm sure it's similar for the majority of posters here.

Written by men who hide paedophiles - absolutely. I don't need to say anything further.

'the elders will treat (me) kindly..they will mercifully help (me) to correct any mistakes I have made' - don't listen to this bullshit. You're ok.

'Unfortunately it seems to be everywhere now, how this system stinks! It is so rotten. Yes - even some who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses may not be true Christians - head-in-the-sand time, I'm afraid! The paedophile issue involves many elders and COs, and unfortunately goes right to the top. Most 'worldly' organisations fully cooperate with the police in this matter. It's specifically a WT issue.

• freddo
    freddo

Xanthippe, none so blind as those that will not see.

I don't know about you but as you are DA'd you could reply in quite a firm manner.

"Do you know what Sister X? Your cowardice astounds me. Take your self serving booklet, which you use to prop yourself up in the false belief you will be saved while 7 billion perish and set fire to it.

Perhaps the smell of its incense will strike the nostrils of your god and he'll stop the next JW pedophile from harming little Johnny and his baby sister.

But his track record isn't so good is it, hmmmmm?"

Don't think she'll be writing back mind!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    You can always write that you went through the booklet but after you saw the testimony of the elders, overseers and the governing body member Geoffrey Jackson, you would never be able to have a clear conscience if you returned - Saintbertholdt

I like this suggestion. How can anyone hear these accusations on the JW grapevine and not investigate for themselves?

It had nothing to do with "a few bad apples." It had everything to do with the fact that the INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSE by Watchtower regarding abuse - BoC

This is so true. If the rules are criminal, immoral and harming children it can't be the true religion. How difficult is that to understand?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would reply: "I haven't left Jehovah! Why would you think so? I have just taken a break from the Organization because it looks like they have lost Jehovah's favor, don't you think? Losing all these child abuse lawsuits for million$ and million$. When they said it was Jehovah blessing them when they won nearly every court decision (1950s) they faced. They said they would never beg for money, because Jehovah's Blessing assured there would always be an abundance of financial support. Now they are constantly begging. I just wonder WHAT IS WRONG? Why does it seem Jehovah has abandoned them. When they change the doctrines over and over again in just a few years, doesn't that make it seem like Jehovah isn't directing those taking the lead? We know Jehovah doesn't lie or make errors, but someone sure as hell has! Remember when they had all the apostates at Bethel in the past? Could that be the problem again now?

Doc

• Thursday
    Thursday

Xanthippe, similar with my family, I reached out to my fanatical father with the ARC info, several months of emails later, not one single email asking how I was or asking anything at all about my life (it's been like 5 years)... I get the prodigal son dvd and return to j-man book AND an email request to my partner (non religious non JW) to get me to look at the November broadcast. yeah, nah. kthxbai. I'm only keeping in contact with them (implying Im interested but never actually saying so) to try and get to my nephew and nieces, who are on social media and look like they may need someone to talk to someday when they figure it out for themselves.

hugs.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    When they said it was Jehovah blessing them when they won nearly every court decision (1950s) they faced. They said they would never beg for money, because Jehovah's Blessing assured there would always be an abundance of financial support. Now they are constantly begging

Brilliant Doc thanks. I'd forgotten they said that about the court cases they'd won. When everything is going right it is God blessing them. When it all starts to go wrong it is Satan persecuting them.

I'm only keeping in contact with them (implying Im interested but never actually saying so) to try and get to my nephew and nieces, who are on social media and look like they may need someone to talk to someday when they figure it out for themselves.

Thursday I hope you manage to get through to them. It's the kids growing up in this cult I feel so sorry for. But now the cultish information control is being threatened by the Internet. What a wonderful tool of Satan the web is, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit