KH Hall doors to remain locked during meetings?

by StarTrekAngel 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Was the policy at our (former) Cong at least 15 years ago. NOT in a high crime neighborhood. Just "WT Policy".

• steve2
    steve2

The Exclusive Brethren not only lock the doors once they’re inside their massive halls, but also lock the big security gates. This is an example of a likely direction for JW organization. Before naming themselves Exclusive Brethren several decades ago, they were Brethren of the Plymouth branch ( for want of a better name). Their leader then decided the preaching work was finished and they were to adopt an insular focus by preparing themselves for Judgement Day.

They are several decades “ahead” of JWs in level of religious symbolism and paranoia. JW oranization’s got a lot of catching up to do to reach anywhere near the level of paranoia Exclusive Brethren exhibit. That rebranded Brethren organization is as near perfect example of organization’s seige-mentality as you’ll ever get.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

They are worried that a Kevin Bunker dude might try to get in and say some truth.

God forbid that.

Hey, it always starts that the guard at the door is there to keep “bad people” out. Then later, they have to keep “good people” in.

At some halls, there is security surveillance and electric gates. Why don’t they go all the way, barbed wire and some German shepherds.

If it’s going to be Branch Davidian, then let’s get on with it.

• out4good4
    out4good4

I will bet that they are violating fire codes in some areas by doing this.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

they will not have to do this though in the 3,000 kingdom halls they are selling off around the world

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''lastmanstanding''

''If it’s going to be Branch Davidian, then let’s get on with it''

ROFL!!!

I was just starting to think the same thing, I was on the same wavelength.

You never really do know, do you? Keeping the doors locked, just in case some ''out there'' directive comes through the wire in some spontaneous broadcast from the GB. So no one escapes. Creepy. indeed.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And

out4good4

''I will bet that they are violating fire codes in some areas by doing this.'

Yes. That is violating fire codes, in a lot of areas. Should they proceed with the locking of the doors when the meetings start.

But, in Dubland, the ''witnesses'' have the mentality that their ''god'' ''Jehovah's'' rules will always trump the laws of the land. That's their mentality, it's been hammered in their heads. To listen to ''Jehovah's''' laws over the laws-of-the-land. That's where it's scary. To ignore laws of safety and common sense. I wish they would wake up!!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The cong I attendded started locking the doors during meetings bout 8-10 yrs ago.

You had to buzz to get in or out if you wanted to leave early or arrived late.

* Note: I live in a very low crime area.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My uncle (elder) lived in a very high crime area, and they never locked the doors (south central L.A). And why not?No one in their right mind would walk into a KH other then JW's in L.A. Plus some of the Brothers wasn't raised as JW 's.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Fire codes are not violated since the doors are NOT locked on the inside.

You can alwasy go out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit