The words I refuse to use

by Chook 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I could never get my head around COBE - Coordinator of body of elders...is that right? I'm still not sure.

I got told off because I kept forgetting so would call him the 'CBeebies' (BBC programming for kids!)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Other non-Biblical J.W. phrases: Governing body/helpers, monthly report, God's earthly/heavenly organization, circuit overseer, judicial committee, obey "the slave." :)

• User99
    User99

Some of these terms may find their way into the next Bible! (Yes, the same Bible that is not to have anything added or removed.)

• Scully
    Scully

Whenever I use JW jargon here, I always use a little ™ after the word or phrase to indicate that it is JW jargon.

Amongst exJWs, the jargon has a definition that is different (even ever so slightly) from normal everyday usage. We all understand it and the subtle nuances.

Non-JWs might not quite get the gist of the jargon, but the ™ is a little reminder to them that it is jargon and not normal everyday language.

The only word I never ascribe to JWs any longer is "truth", hence the use of Truth™.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just one word, same as Scully.

Capital-T "Truth".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

STUMBLE...

Image result for stumble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit