Anyone get the feeling that the cult is really in trouble.

by mickbobcat 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

They started going down when they started downplaying

THE GENERATION THAT WOULD NOT DIE

It was all downhill from that point.

• hoser
    hoser

If they would have just stuck with the 1995 generation teaching. It kinda made sense, but a few years later they came out with the convoluted overlapping bullshit that has to be splaned by using a cardboard chart. I think a lot checked out mentally at that point.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

JW GoneBad - re your point

Currently the percentage of those attending Zoom meeting who have their cameras off is very high...as high as 60% in some congregations. Sixty percent with their cameras off can't be too encouraging for those who have their cameras on.

When they get reproved or want reinstating, turning the camera on is a sign of repentance in some congs.

• hoser
    hoser

When they get reproved or want reinstating, turning the camera on is a sign of repentance in some congs.

You can’t make this shit up. God!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It will be interesting to see what happens when congregations return to the halls. That’s if they return at all. In my opinion nothing beats face to face contact. I was talking to a PIMI JW a few weeks back about this. He could see how it didn’t make sense that they weren’t personally meeting at the hall, and yet his field service group all meet on a Saturday morning to write letters. By his admission he likened this Saturday morning activity more to a social event, than what it was to preaching the kingdom. I kind of got the impression from him that he was quite pleased with this outcome. He also agreed with me that if people getting covid was such a big concern to the GB then why aren’t they also having the field service groups over zoom as well. Why hasn’t the GB, gone all out, and banned all JW contact both formally and informally, because of their loving concern for it members. He admitted that the Saturday morning event didn't make sense in the context of not meeting in the KH. He also agreed that it seemed unusual that Babylon the great was up and running, while Jahs chariot, which has all seeing eyes and can move in all directions, was desperately lagging behind.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

It will be interesting to see the year end numbers in the next following years.

I suspect a decline.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" It will be interesting to see the year end numbers in the next following years."

Yes, although analysis of the figures is always difficult, certainly Publisher numbers will be a pointless figure, what with reporting a mere 15 minutes of "activity" and all the Letter writing etc, it will be no measure at all of how many committed JW's there are, if it ever was a measure. The other figures are doubtful as to veracity too.

The one figure that is of interest, and I don't think they will lie about, or inflate, is the number of Congregations. From that some sort of impression of the true loss of numbers can be extrapolated.

I think, in common with many Businesses, they are struggling now, and will struggle more in a post Covid situation.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The amount of new PIMOs on exJW Reddit is staggering. The younger generation are waking up at a terrific speed. I read stories on there and the amount of people attending while knowing its bullshit and trying to leave is very comforting.

Remove the shunning of those who leave and I reckon at least a third would dissappear from the stats immediately.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Since they aren't having any special meetings either, I wonder how the "heavies" are existing without the paper handshakes? Go on a speaking assignment and get together with the dub upper-crust and get wined and dined.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

On the one hand, folks on forums such as these have been predicting the demise of the WTS for many years and they are still here.

On the other hand, I think they are in for a shock once "real" Kingdom Hall meetings start up again, and after the novelty wears off in a month or 2, attendance plummets. And similar for the door to door ministry - excitement and novelty for a couple months at best then a nosedive.

How will they respond? Carrot or stick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit