Do you play the lottery?

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh James ^^^ The odds are so big of that happening...it could have been life changing for her.

I play a little. I'm in the office pool when the numbers are high. I also found out years later that when I was a JW and didn't join in the office lottery, someone put in for me anyway because they didn't want me to be left out. There you go.

My family buys scratchers, and if I'm with them I'll get a few.

• new boy
    new boy
    I odds of winning anything without buying a ticket are even higher!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Dagney"it could have been life changing for her". That was around the time my daughter last

spoke to me, shunning. Good things happen to good people.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Even as a JW, I always considered that if the person can afford to play, I considered it as a personal decision but not something that should be discussed.

While I didn't play as a JW, I have since leaving although initially, was paranoid that any JWs were around that would see.

NVR2L8 said on page 1: but more recent WT articles said that the money was dirty because it is raised through a practice that displeases God.

So, does this mean that if a person (JW or not) won money in the lottery and decided to donate some to WT, WT would then decline the donation as the money was 'dirty'? Don't think so!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Had anybody ever worked out what WTWizard is talking about, just out of curiosity?
  • someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

When I was "in", I was always scared of getting caught if i won lol But now I play whenever I feel like tossing away a few extra bucks. Sports bets too, love it.

Actually, there was this one elder that supposedly "found" a lottery ticket for 1 million back when I was 9 or 10. Quite the scandal. He swore up and down he didn't buy it lol Of course, most people saw through it. But he stayed on as an elder. Guess he held up under questioning :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"would they decline"? That money would be deposit in their bank account before you could

whistle Dixie. Reason, Jehovah sometimes use evilness to accomplish his purpose.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Iwould play if they gave decent odds say lots of prizes at $25,000.If thy did that not only would more people win but people would win more often
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I did buy them for a time when I first decided I could "rebel" like that.

But continually when I scanned them to see what I had won, the message was: "You're not a winner".

Well, frankly I got tired of hearing that shit. "You're not a winner" It was depressing to see that over and over because since leaving JWs I was thinking that I AM A WINNER!

Doc

(If there is any consolation, at least it didn't say: You're a f*cking loser!)

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The fairest gambling game that one can play in the UK is roulette. With only 1 zero, there are 37 slots that the ball can fall into. Odds are 35 to 1 on a straight up bet, plus the bet remains on the selected number. Consequently, the house has under a 3% advantage.

When one considers that Bingo and/or the National lottery pays out around half of the money that is bet one wonders at the lunacy of the players....I guess I'm a looney..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit