Are Jehovah's Witnesses a cult just as evil and dangerous as Islam?

by cookiemaster 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I know you might think I'm exaggerating but if you really think about it, maybe I'm not. These two religions originate with the same ancient belief system. Islam is a dangerous Middle Eastern cult that seeks to control every aspect of its members' lives. It has created theocratic totalitarian societies where religious leaders have a grotesque level of control over the lives of people, in some cases even that of issuing death sentences for religious crimes. Islam teaches the penalty for apostasy is death. The doctrines of modern Islamic leaders about the right to kill Muslims that are not "real Muslims" (they don't take their religious seriously enough/want to live a secular lifestyle) as well as infidels has created conflicts and hundreds of thousands of deaths due to terrorism. So, how could JWs compare to this?

I think JWs are very similar. They also seek to control every aspect of their members' lives. They also exercise totalitarian control in the "JW society" they have created. While they do not act violently toward anyone right now, they do hate a lot of people. JWs teach the penalty for apostasy is death by Jehovah. The only reason why JWs can't create a Saudi Arabia of their own, is because there's not enough of them. Imagine a country where only JWs exist and the government is a theocratic JW government. Apostates, fornicators, gays and others would be killed just like they are today in extreme Muslims societies. If JWs had one billion adherents and shaped society, they'd have the power to do some horrific shit.

Plus, they do some horrific shit today. There were actually almost a dozen cases (that I know of) of JWs dying because of refusing a blood transfusion just in the past couple of years in my country (we also have about 40,000 JWs). An 18 year old girl died after getting into a traffic accident because her parents refused to allow the doctors to give her a blood transfusion.There are what, 8 million JWs worldwide? That means thousands (maybe more) of deaths every single year because of refusing blood transfusions. If you think about it, JWs kill more people than terrorists. Only nobody cares in mainstream society. How many people have died in the past 50 years due to their policies or vaccines, organ transplants and blood transfusions?
  • cofty
    cofty

I think you have overreached.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

When they start crashing planes into buildings and yell "praise Jehovah" as they cut the heads off of non believers, I'll agree with you. Right now, nope.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Cofty - It is possible but you have to admit the similarities are striking. JWs simply don't have the power to enforce their religion on society like Muslims do.

DoctorWho - Okay but isn't brainwashing and pressuring thousands of people into committing suicide by refusing life-saving medical treatment just as bad? Granted, it's not as spectacular as crashing a plane into a building but JWs have definitely killed more Americans in the meantime with their blood policy than the Islamic terrorists have since 9/11.

• Simon
    Simon

That's one of the most idiotic claims I've ever seen.

There's no JW Jihad going on, they are by and large a passive christian sect that follow the typical redemption belief of the bible.

Very, very different to Islam which is a revenge / retaliation cult.

As with any group of indoctrinated people though, there are similarities of though and control ... but that's the only thing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are Jehovah's Witnesses a cult just as evil and dangerous as Islam?

Right now, no.

Do they have the potential?.....Absolutely.

All they need is 1 Charismatic, Psychopathic GB "Rock Star" Pope.

There will always be a hard core group of Loyal to the WBT$, JW`s.

Who are willing to do the bidding of the WBT$.

Oh No!........It`s Sophia`s house with an Ice Cream truck in front of it.

Image result for muppets crazy harryImage result for house exploding

It`s a good thing Sophia didn`t give her Ice Cream money to the WBT$!!

Ice Cream saved Sophia from a WBT$/JW Jihadist.

Image result for Watchtower sophia with ice cream

• Simon
    Simon
    All they need is 1 Charismatic, Psychopathic GB "Rock Star" Pope

You forgot some other things:

• Another billion and a half followers
    • A sizeable number of fanatics
    • A thousand year history of slaughter and oppression
    • A founder who abused children and murdered his neighbours

I doubt you could ever morph the WTS into anything even approaching Islam.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I doubt you could ever morph the WTS into anything even approaching Islam.....Simon

They could work at it, improve a little at a time....LOL!!.

The WBT$ will never be an Islam.

They`re so small, local authorities would shut them down pretty quick.

At best/worse, they could become like Jonestown or Branch Davidian.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Okay but isn't brainwashing and pressuring thousands of people into committing suicide by refusing life-saving medical treatment just as bad? - no, suicide bombing and cutting off heads is clearly worse.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is an ex-Muslim. She lives in fear of her life - she has round the clock security. This is typical in Islam. If you leave it, you're in real physical danger.

There are lots of ex-JWs here on this forum. Some have been shunned by their family, some have been disinherited. None has to have police protection because they committed apostasy.

IMO, the Wt will never be as bad as Islamic extremists. The WT, in their own twisted way, follows Jesus.

Islamic extremists copy Muhammad's example. Nuff said ...

• dogon
    dogon

Although I hate JWs they don't cut heads off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit