This is Why I Will Keep Explaining Evolution to ex-JWs

by cofty 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
  • David_Jay
    David_Jay

Regardless of any differences of opinion we have had on other subjects and the exchanges, I rather admire that you are doing this.

I am sickened by the numbers on this chart, in particular in reference to the JWs, and though a part of me has always known their stand it is still shocking to me to see it when it is presented in such an important perspective.

I tip my hat to you. Keep up the good work.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Looks like the Buddhists are the brightest of the bunch, JW's like wilful ignorance rather a lot.

I know the chart says nothing of the sort but you get my drift...

• Island Man
    Island Man

Isn't it ironic that the religion that originated the Genesis creation account - Jews - has the second-highest acceptance of evolution? What does Genesis' parent religion know that the JWs and fundamentalists don't - that the Genesis creation account is myth? Silly JWs. Always listening to crack-pot Watchtower prognosticators and their warped bible interpretations while turning a blind eye to the insights of the very religion that wrote the book.

• cofty
    cofty

It's surprising that 6% were open to the idea of evolution. Probably young JWs who are awake but still self-identify as JWs.

Unlike other religions JWs cannot accept the fact of evolution. If there was no literal Adam then their bizarre doctrine of the Adam=Jesus ransom crashes.

Evangelicals see Jesus' death as a vicarious sacrifice for the sins of all - or for the elect if you are a Calvinist. So they can drop the myth of a literal Adam.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

A famous Historian, Flavius Josephus, had written about the existence of Jesus, Jesus stated that man and women were created. That's good enough for me to still believe in Creation

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Josephus wrote about a Jesus that was on the wall of Jerusalem calling down evil on the residents and then was hit by a rock and died. The other quote about a Christ Jesus most experts say it was a forgery.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    It's surprising that 6% were open to the idea of evolution.

Not very open, though. They just believed humans evolved over time due to natural processes.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Not according to Wikipeadia

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Verily, you are doing God's work. Keep it up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit