This is Why I Will Keep Explaining Evolution to ex-JWs

by cofty 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

As a JW, I couldn't understand what prevented evolution. Toward the end I was having a very difficult time with the Watchtower stance on "macroevolution" and a global flood. Of course, I could not speak about these views.

Not many groups on that list threaten people with dissenting views with shunning.

• freemamaof3
    freemamaof3

The only way we can learn is if there is someone to teach. I personally love your posts on evolution. You explain things in a way that works for me. So thank you for broadening my understanding. :)

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What's this??? Josephus works were found out to be a forgery??

Well then, I suppose that settles it. Evolutionists would never falsify their works.

• Landy
    Landy
    Well then, I suppose that settles it. Evolutionists would never falsify their works.

Good job scientific papers are subject to peer review then isn't it?

If only the bible was as well.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Not without being found out the same no...

• SG098
    SG098

Quarterback

A famous Historian, Flavius Josephus, had written about the existence of Jesus, Jesus stated that man and women were created. That's good enough for me to still believe in Creation

Lets do some quick critical thinking here. JWs and other fundamentalist love to tout Josephus as "proof" for a super natural Jesus (I'm not debating if Jesus existed; he could have. I'm debating the super natural miracle Jesus).

Question - When did Jesus die?

Answer = 33CE

Question - When was Josephus born?

Answer = 37CE

Conclusion = Josephus can offer NO proof that Jesus actually had super natural powers. Josephus can't even prove Jesus existed. Therefore, STOP bringing Josephus into this argument...you lost centries ago.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    A famous Historian, Flavius Josephus, had written about the existence of Jesus, Jesus stated that man and women were created. That's good enough for me to still believe in Creation

Multiple historians have written about Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith stated the Book of Mormon is of divine origin.

Is that good enough for you as well to join the LDS church?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Quarterback - "A famous Historian, Flavius Josephus, had written about the existence of Jesus, Jesus stated that man and women were created. That's good enough for me to still believe in Creation."

Um... didn't Jesus teach using parables and allegories???

And I've read some of the stuff credited to Josephus.

Frankly, I'm inclined to take anything he said with a grain of salt. He seems like he was kind of a pro-Roman dick.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The do believe in evolution...of the FDS and their light. It keeps evolving.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You do a lot of good here Cofty. I already believed in evolution before I found JWN, but I have learned a lot more about it from you and others here. There is as much evidence for evolution as there is for the fact that the earth revolves around the sun. You can continue to insist that the sun revolves around the earth, because that is the way it appears to you, but you would be foolish, and believing in creationism is just as foolish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit