Jehovah provides guidance in the publications and in programs from the faithful slave!

by stumbledbyothers 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• btlc
    btlc

So, now in internet era, good old Holy Spirit is a little obsolete as guidance tool to God's people? Wi-Fi and 4G link to JW.ORG does a better job? Can't recall last time I read anything about Holy Spirit in WT publications...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I see the Wizard is snug and secure behind the curtain.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jehovah provides guidance in the publications and in programs from the faithful slave!

Really? I've "witnessed" the kind of guidance that jehober supposedly provides and so have many of you! NO thanks!

lol

just saying!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Jehovah provides that guidance in the Bible and in publications * and through programs produced by β€œthe faithful and discreet slave.” (Matt. 24:45-47) We must do our part by humbly acknowledging that we need help, by studying the material Jehovah supplies

So even though the bible commands just the opposite, the WT can nevertheless assure you that Jehovah speaks through:

A. Our Publications

B. Our Programs

C. Our Study Materials

In other words.... Trust Us

Those that actually take the bible's advice, keep themselves and their families from being suckers.

Psalms 118:8 - [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Micah 7:5 - Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide:

Jeremiah 17:5 - Thus saith the LORD; Cursed is the man that trusts in man,

Psalms 118:8-9 - [It is] better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. (Read More...)

Galatians 6:3 - For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (Read More...)

John 15:4 - Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me, ...I am the vine.... without me you can do nothing.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Truth_b_known, couldn't of said it better myself.

Submissive, huh? That's the crux of the whole thing, do what we say and don't think about it. We're telling you when you listen to us you listen to God, and that should be enough for you. Manipulative as hell.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

We all feel bad for wasting our lives & allowing ourselves and our families to be duped & abused by this cult.

If it's any consultation...just think how Moses felt after leading 3 million + people through the stinking desert and wilderness for 40 years only to fail to get into the Promised Land cause he lost his cool on one occasion. Damn I would have been pissed with God's on that bad call! If anyone deserved that Promise Land...it was Moses!πŸ‘

Fat chance any JW has of that Paradise that's 1,000 years off!🀣

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Am I missing something here ?

I thought God enthroned Jesus as King to bring all Christians ( those that put and exercised faith in Jesus) to God .?

And not the other way round.

As for the OP isn`t Jesus supposed to do this ? Isn`t Jesus enthroned as King ? Over Christians ? to lead them to God ?

Feb 2019- STUDY ARTICLE 7

Shouldn`t the name Jesus be substituted for Jehovah in this article ?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Remember this verse? Psalm 146:3 - β€œDo not put your trust in princes, nor in the son of man in whom there is no salvation.”

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Don't they quote that verse, I feel like I heard it back when I attended meetings. How do they reinterpret that?

• zeb
    zeb

I recall with clarity the wt saying that the slave was all those who worked at bethel to produce the mags and books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit