Start of the Great Tribulation will be announced soon

by joey jojo 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

According to the GB, the only anointed that really count are themselves, all the rest are irrelevant.”

No, they won’t be irrelevant when the GB needs them to count.

Have you noticed how the helpers of the “other sheep” can suddenly feel a heavenly calling when they get within sniffing distance of the GB .

If they want to , they can maintain this for years...... or if not just change it ..

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

As Simon said, the maths just doesn't work. I remember posting about this when I still thought it mattered; https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/14945/do-jws-still-believe-wt-version-144000

Oof! I was a different person then 🙄🤣

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

“According to the GB, the only anointed that really count are themselves, all the rest are irrelevant.”

No, they won’t be irrelevant when the GB needs them to count.

Have you noticed how the helpers of the “other sheep” can suddenly feel a heavenly calling when they get within sniffing distance of the GB .

If they want to , they can maintain this for years...... or if not just change it ."

With the new understanding they have removed the millstone of the generation teaching from around their neck.

They no longer need to have anyone from a particular generation still alive when armageddon occurs. They have never said this before.

• waton
    waton
    But the Bible does say that there is an elite group that goes to heaven whoever they are and that not everyone goes to heaven. Whether or not the Bible is true and whether or not the JW so called anointed class is real, the Bible says that the Apostles and others go to heaven. Fm

right. One restraint on membership in the 'rulers in heaven' is to be axed or guillotines to death for the upright Christian faith. Rev. 20.

The wt memorial ceremony has nothing to do with that. As Simon said, more believers were martyred before 1914, when the wt partaker count started. and,

In the 50s, wt did teach that the Great Tribulation had started in 1914, (WW1, Spanish Flu) and all that.

it was interrupted in 1918, (millions will never die) to allow the great crowd to come out of that era, and will resume at Armageddon whenever that would be: now, 2075 or past the 118+1914 mark. old light.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Here's what new light does to the human mind:

Every time they trot out "new light", a few more people lose faith in the WT foretelling scam. A 100% failure rate helps as well.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Announcing that the great tribulation has begun would be a bold move. I don't think they have it in them, but desperation can make people very bold, indeed.

But wouldn't there need to be definitive 'signs' to indicate that the GT was underway? The name itself implies that something notable and terrible is happening. Would it be enough to point at the "world situation"? That's something they do all the time as a matter of habit, why would the current situation be different?

On the bright side, this might be the sort of thing that leads to a larger-than-normal exodus of followers. And in that sense, it would be a self-imposed great tribulation for the WTS.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They'll make it up as they go knowing the R&F will swallow the lies wholeheartedly. So, it really doesn't matter.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It is threads like this that leave me incredulous - how did I , how did WE ever believe this stuff ?

DITTO

I'm embarrassed. I am certainly glad that, thanks to the pitiful accomplishments of the World Wide Preaching Work, all of my "worldly" friends really know very little about JW doctrine lest they would likely think I am a total sucker and fool.

• blondie
    blondie

I wondered when the WTS said that anointed would be alive on earth after Armageddon, how could they be heaven for the marriage of Jesus with the bride of Christ. Since many of the anointed are quite young now, and would be still living on earth at the "great tribulation," they would not be there for the wedding. I guess the WTS realized how valid this question was. "They do not need to be marked for survival through Armageddon. Rather, they will receive their final sealing either before they die or before the outbreak of the great tribulation. Then, at some point before Armageddon begins, they will be raised to heaven.​—Rev. 7:1-3. (Pure Worship book, p.180. Also, the WTS has said that the anointed in heaven would join Jesus in destroying the wicked on earth, and the anointed still on earth, would miss that too. So if the young anointed are to be in heaven between the start of the "great tribulation" and "Armaggedon." That means the young anointed will have to be "killed" or die an unnatural death to be heaven for the wedding at least.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

"nicolaou

As Simon said, the maths just doesn't work. I remember posting about this when I still thought it mattered; https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/14945/do-jws-still-believe-wt-version-144000"

No, the maths for the 144000 doesn't work.

This new understanding allows for GB to declare the number of anointed is now sealed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit