Brother & Sister-in-Law Return to Kingdom Hall After Two Decades, Quickly Get Stumbled

by TMS 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Call shovelling shit a "privilege" and everyone will be fighting over the job.

God, the GB must get a good laugh out of watching the R&F get all thingy about who's gonna clean the toilets and mow the lawns.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Reading this really makes me more and more thankful for all of the nice weekends we have spent doing what WE want to do. I remember going in Field Serve us and looking forward to the 2 hours being over with ( I hated service with a passion...like everyone). Then...the conductor said we had the KH cleaning. OH GOD...will the day ever end? lol Oh, how I miss those days....NOT.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Stories such as this can be viewed in two ways: as a personal experience and as an example of objective reality.

As a personal experience, I'm sure this was an unpleasant, if not heartbreaking experience for your brother & Sister-in-Law, and I offer them my condolences and my wishes for a speedy recovery from the injury they suffered.

As an object-lesson, however, this is savory-sweet! Others can benefit greatly from hearing of it.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Monthly Field Circus hours are everything:

2 hours or more = Bathroom Cleaning Privileges

4 hours or more = Microphone Privileges

6 hours or more = Lawn Mowing Privileges

8 hours or more = Sound Booth Privileges

So he must have been reporting less than 6 hours of Field Circus per month.

• In-Too-Deep
    In-Too-Deep

He showed up on Saturday ready for work, but was informed that those duties could only be performed by approved JWs "in good standing."

Some are not even fit to flush the toilet.

This reminds me of when I attended elders school. There we were, a room full of some 40 "older men" responsible for the spiritual well being of hundreds of "sheep." During the section on discipline (DF and reinstatement), someone actually asked this question: "Can a person who has recently been reinstated assist with cleaning the Kingdom Hall?"

So much for "those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong." (Hebrews 5:14)

• ssn587
    ssn587

When I was a book study went to help out at the hall as they spiffing it up new carpets, stage and seating had to be put back. I helped put the seats back in, when the broke to eat I was still in the hall installing seats and wasn't told to come and eat with them, so I left realizing while it was okay to help with the seat install I wasn't good enough to eat with them. In fact told them what a bunch of hypocrites they were, should have woken me up then but unfortunately if didn't. Woke up over their constant harping on the evil of the internet so of course started into the net and discovered H2O went down hill from there.

• Wayward
    Wayward
    The KH I used to go to has a large lawn that they use tractors to mow. One weekend it was the designated do-yardwork-at-the-Hall Saturday. That particular time one of the 'brothers' let me drive one of the tractors; don't remember why, but hey! I'm driving the tractor! Beats pulling weeds! I was doing a pretty good job until an elder had a hissy fit and made me stop. Apparently it isn't 'appropriate' for a female to drive a tractor while mowing the KH lawn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit