Brother & Sister-in-Law Return to Kingdom Hall After Two Decades, Quickly Get Stumbled

by TMS 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

Working is a privelege at the Kingdom Hall just like it was at Alcatraz.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

So it's ok to knock on doors as a representative of the most high, but not spiritual enough

to trim the bushes...Make sense..

• Darryl
    Darryl

I'm sure if the kingdom hall had developed a serious and expensive plumbing issue this person would suddenly be an approved associate in good standing and qualified to do the work for free.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Ecclesiastes 8:9 should be the JW theme. They are quick to apply this scripture to worldly people but looking at their "organization" it apply to them. I have seen elders treat people just like you described. Acting just like the Pharisees.

• jws
    jws

I hope he stops doing plumbing for free now.

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

My husband was invited to meet with a couple of elders to fill out a form for construction work at a new kingdom hall. He's been a journeyman for decades and was willing to help out - was excited to be included, actually, for a change. Then they proceeded to tell him he wouldn't qualify to "volunteer" and "serve Jehovah" unless he shaved his little beard. He might stumble others. What?! Well, we can't refuse you an application form, you can fill it out and hand it in, but there's no way we'll approve you. What?! Sneaky way to coerce him into shaving his beard. He got angry and stood his ground and told them just what he thought of their methods. I was very proud of him! There's hope for him yet :)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

At the couple's second or third Kingdom Hall meeting since coming back to the organization, our brother-in-law learned about a special work day at the Kingdom Hall the following Saturday, to mow grass and trim bushes. He showed up on Saturday ready for work, but was informed that those duties could only be performed by approved JWs "in good standing."

I was a little late to the meeting once and went to get a chair from the stack to sit at the back and a brother, , snatched it from my hands and said i had no authority to get a chair as i wasn't a MS he was. So he took it and placed it where I wanted to sit. I had to laugh

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Working is a privilege at the Kingdom Hall just like it was at Alcatraz.

Every good JW should relish the thought of performing slave labor for the org.

Work makes free, doesn't it?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Only in a cult is menial work a privelage .....

up is down and down is up...

come join the sea-org for a billion years!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He showed up on Saturday ready for work, but was informed that those duties could only be performed by approved JWs "in good standing."

I Might Let You Mow The Lawn..

IN A YEAR or 2.....MAYBE 3..

Image result for petty tyranny in organizations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit