Heart warming words from my 13 year old granddaughter during our Thanksgiving dinner

by Still Totally ADD 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

We had our first family Thanksgiving gathering this last Thursday with our youngest sons family. Before we started to eat we went around the table saying what we were thankful for. What our granddaughter had to say brought tears to our eyes. She said "She was so thankful to have us back in her life and how horrible it was to have lost half of her life not knowing us because of this terrible and hateful religion we were once all in. How happy it makes her feel we are all together again and loves us so much." We couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving. I hope all had a wonderful and happy holiday as we did this last week. We all have something to be grateful for not being in the cult anymore. Take care all. Still Totally ADD

• tiki
    tiki

Beautiful!!! Cherish every moment together...life is so precious.

• James Jack
    James Jack

WOW! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Ding
    Ding

So nice to hear a positive account like this!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Granddaughter in our life is precious and terrific- I know how you feel!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Beautiful sentiment StillTotallyADD. Look how many you've saved from that cult!

Lovely photo Iown Mylife.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Xanthippe to tell you the truth I have never thought of that before. Thank you all for your kind words. Still Totally ADD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

ADD Oh my goodness that is heartbreaking (in a good way). It makes me think of everything other children miss out on - something more precious than grandchildren - yes, I said it. grandparents. Nothing even comes close to the love a kid feels for his or her grandparents.

I own my life your grand daughter is stunning. She is going to be a very beautiful young woman!

• carla
    carla

Aww! what a nice story!

Imagine her telling her friends about this cult and how they will also tell others this story! jw's continue to be their own worst enemy.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We were out in our early 20's JW wise. Our son was born in the mid 1960's. This was a time when they changed the draft rules ie. you didn't have to serve if you had a child. (Vietnam was on and I had lost my Ministerial deferment).

So years later I told my son that his coming along kept me from having to serve during the Vietnam War which probably saved my life.

So he thought about this and then with a sly smile on his face said "So what did I get in return?"

And I responded " You kept me out of Vietnam and your mother and I kept you away from becoming a Jehovah's Witness!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit