Prime Minister of Australia announces intention to revoke Jehovah’s Witnesses charity status

by jwleaks 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Funky Dear Prime Minister, Since you have seen fit to revoke our charitable status, please be notified that Jesus H. Christ is going to be coming Very Soon Now, and he has a flaming 800 pound hailstone with your name on it. Have a nice day! Sincerely, WTS of Australia

😂😂😂😭

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I liked the part that the bad org,s will have to pay up to $150,000 for victim... MONEY MONEY MONEY. 💰

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder if Watchtower will:

1) publicise this action of the Australian state against the organisation and mobilise the worldwide membership to lobby against the injustice, as they did with France and Russia

or

2) not mention this major development anywhere on their website, hope few JWs outside Australia notice, and issue yet more warnings about unreliable news media

If Watchtower fail to even attempt to frame this development as an unjust action against the organisation, wouldn't that be an implicit admission that the Watchtower hierarchy know they are in the wrong, and they can’t make any credible case in their defence?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well yes, hit them where it hurts the most .!

If they lost charitable status over there, could we see other countries follow their lead?

I am surprised actually that they have allowed themselves to be in this position, usually they will do just enough to avert the anger of authorities.

I think the publicity could do them more harm in the long run as people associate them with abuse and failure to cooperate . Way to go, Australia!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes It’s puzzling why Watchtower didn’t ultimately join the compensation scheme to avoid sanction and reputation damage.

Unless they simply can’t afford it. If not in this particular case in Australia, then as a general principle Watchtower has determined that they just don’t have the funds to compensate victims of abuse without effectively closing down the organisation in the process. So dragging heels, hunkering down, and accepting sanctions are their only options for attempting to keep the organisation afloat.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Sorry, I'm not much versed with Australian law and economy.

Losing charitable status vs. joining national redress scheme

Which one is more financially damaging?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s witnesses have backed themselves into a corner now ,if they back down now and give in to the demands of the Government they will lose face among the R&F.

If they stick to their guns and keep refusing to join the redress scheme they will be penalized by losing there charitable status and their tax exemptions.

And public opinion will be aware of bad publicity that will hurt the organization

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

If the governing body did apologize to the victims of CSA it would mean that the Bible's two witness rule is wrong and that Jehovah and his holy spirit is not guiding them and not protecting them from Satan's judicial world .

Plus it would open the flood gates to the other victims of CSA around the world and would mean the loss of members and more importantly MONEY And CONTROL.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I'm also pleased to announce that additional investment is being made to expand the Australian Child Maltreatment Study. This is the first national study of its kind, and it looks into the prevalence and health impacts of all forms of child maltreatment in Australia. The results will be released from September 2023

Can't wait for that report to illuminate the public that for children, there is no birthday, mothers day, fathers day, Christmas presents etc... just field service. No life-saving blood transfusion if in a tragic accident either.

Just servitude and death in a ridged, automated, cold, mechanical, & petty social construct. I wonder if they will try to calculate the cost of trying to leave the WT in terms of alcohol, drug abuse, counseling, destroyed marriages, prison costs and suicides for those stripped of their loved ones?

Most of us have lived it and know what it really costs to leave and start over.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Have already linked these news articles to elder friends- no response yet. Not surprising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit