Secret Elders Book? Bwahahaha!

by NotFormer 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JW propaganda. Their books,magazines,, thats the Borgs sales pitch.

A pyramids business scheme but painted as a religion.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The trouble is that the old business model has failed, but the business structure that they built around it is still in place.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Notty - the WT was a door to door sales organisation and that Kingdom Halls were not for "Christian meetings", but were distribution centres/warehouses where the unpaid sales staff picked up their merchandise and got their instructions.

I totally agree with this astute observation.

Especially when I consider the term they use for the Jobots = 'Publishers(tm)'.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Yes, "publishers" is a completely weird term for members of a religion. What other weird terms are there? One other that I can think of is "pioneer". What are some other terms that you wouldn't expect in a church/religion?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Kingdom hall. Dont recall that term in the barble.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Notty - What are some other terms that you wouldn't expect in a church/religion?

That probably deserves it's own thread if it doesn't already have one somewhere.

'Governing Body' is more a secular term IMHO. Yet they try to imply there was one in Bible times. The deception is full on with this Corporation faking as a religion.

• blondie
    blondie

PON, In fact, the phrase "governing body" never occurs in the bible ever. Using Acts 15, the WTS does as you say try to "imply" it does. This is how they do it, they say or write "the governing body (Acts 15)" implying that the phrase appears there. Many a long-time jw will assume it does, until I showed them it was not there. Long-time jws don't look that scripture(s) up any more, they have memorized a scripture that does not exist. Before 1971, the WTS never capitalized the phrase "governing body" and the governing body in the present was considered the board of directors of the WTS. What deceivers..

2 days ago

'Governing Body' is more a secular term IMHO. Yet they try to imply there was one in Bible times. The deception is full on with this Corporation faking as a religion.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I seem to remember them being very excited about the word "government" and may have translated various Greek and Hebrew words that way as a preference. Can anyone look it up in a NWT concordance? I tried looking at the NWT online, but it doesn't seem to be searchable in that manner.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Governing Body is just a 'corporate' term.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's not that far from "body corporate".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit