Did YOU Ever Think That YOU Would Be Talking Against The "Truth"?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Being raised as a Witness, I don't think that I ever thought I would speak against the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. What about you???

• DJ
    DJ

No, I never thought that I would. I was brainwashed almost perfectly.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Absolutely not. I was completely convinced that I was in the 'Truth' and it never occurred to me that I would ever leave, let alone stop believing it and talking against the organization.

I was incredulous at those that did leave and speak abusively of the org and wondered if they were insane in some way, or willfully wicked.

I guess that is how those still in view me now.

• Matty
    Matty

dmouse, that's me exactly too. I used to feel deeply sad at those who decided to "give up the fight for the faith". I never thought in a million years that I would ever be in this position. When I finally go this year it will shock a lot of people.

• rocketman
    rocketman

You mean we're talking against the jws?

Kidding aside, I didn't think I'd be either, though I could feel a certain dissatisfaction with it for a long time.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

No. I can even recall a conversation I had with a sister, about a sister that DA'd herself because she wanted to have sex [supposedly], she was unmarried and had met some nice looking men.... I replied that I could never give up Jehovah for something as silly and unnecessary as frequent sex.

Ahem, okay, I changed my mind, it's a girl's priviledge

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I relate to all of your posts. I never would thought I'd even call the JW's a cult. It has taken some time to get used to openly bashing the witnesses. Now, it's like second nature and feels great!! I don't talk about my upbringing to many people ( not to co-workers or even friends until I get to know them). I had always felt like I was bringing reproach upon Jehovah's name. I am so happy not to feel like that anymore!!!!!!!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

No, and I still don't. It ain't the truth, it's BS, all of it and that whole bunch is full of crap. So I am IN the truth. Maverick

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

No, I had no idea that would happen. Then I logged onto this forum and ran into some very intelligent posters, who made a lot of sense. This was after the Dateline program came on and I was madder than a cat being neutered.

Then I went to my first Apostofest and met some of these above named posters in person, Valis, Cowboy, Eyegirl, Xena, MegaDude, Wild Turkey and Lyin Eyes, VeniceIT, just to name a few. Up until I walked thru the door of Valis home I had the nagging feeling I was doing something wrong. Didn't take long to get over that feeling. A little beer, some discussion, a few jokes, and life was good again.

My purpose is not to "talk against" anyone, but there are some things which need to be brought out in the open, such as child abuse. I want to help, in any way I'm able, those who would wish to leave "the truth" and live a normal life. Also, it's nice to associate with folks who have the same messed up background, but who are now enjoying life again. Bug

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I don't consider what I say here as "talking against the truth" I am only relaying my own personal experiences to others. I am sure the majority of the people on this board come here for that very reason. Some days I wonder did I make the right decision leaving the org. Somedays I want to go back, other days I don't. I will remain undecisive. I honestly think most of you here have wrestled with that idea but won't admit it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit