Anyone every heard anything about your own blood?

by Tobyjones262 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I was wondering if there was any policy from the cult about your own blood in you cut your finger and put it in your mouth out of reflex ect. What if any is the position of this? I always thought the amount of blood is not the real issue, even a drop would be a sin?

• cofty
    cofty

I don't know if there is anything in writing about this specifically but as a child we were taught not to lick a bleeding wound for this reason.

• waton
    waton

There was a reference somewhere, may be verbally by a really up-reaching zealot, that once your blood has left the circulation, it is on it's own, you dont own it anymore. spilled on the ground so to speak wt speak.

• Attewc
    Attewc

This was answered in a questions from readers article back in the day. Can't remember the specifics, but the example given was if your tooth was bleeding and you swallowed the blood. Basically it was not the fact that you consumed blood, but if you willingly chose to was the sin. This was an old article so it may have been updated with the invention of LED's.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • Cofty don't know if there is anything in writing about this specifically but as a child we were taught not to lick a bleeding wound for this reason

Me too. Never seen anything in print regarding this, though.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I've never done that simply because it is gross.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Ah, blood is blood, it's in our veins.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If you stick it in your mouth quickly it stays in circulation, like cell salvage. 5 second rule lol.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

As I understand it it's an evolutionary instinct that cleans the wound and provides antiseptic from our saliva.

Of course JWs don't believe in evolution. I remember this kind of question occupying the minds of some congregation members. What can I say? I suppose it's a distraction from why hasn't the new system come yet, why is this religion always wrong?

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

It seems very childish looking back but this and smurfs were once very disconcerting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit