Next steps for the Austrailian Royal Commission

by Coded Logic 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeremiah - "If indeed new converts dry up, the religion will eventually wither away, imploding as age and years win out. The only hope for new converts is in third world countries without ready access to the internet. However, without new converts in advanced countries, the money will dry up."

Pretty sure all that's already happening.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Jeremiah: The only hope for new converts is in third world countries without ready access to the internet. However, without new converts in advanced countries, the money will dry up.

Unless, of course, the WTBS gets government aid for all their wonderful work in language revitalization and translation and such...you know...for literacy programs and all that. JWs who are in third world and developing countries will apply for government aid to fund their 'literacy' programs (it is already happening in Africa).

New converts will happen in developed countries as well. Maybe slower, but they will be there. Besides, the JWs with money will continue to 'contribute' to ensure that the WTS teaches the congregants in the 'correct' way to live their lives (and die)...the way that will profit the wealthy JWs.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ OrphanCrow...

Of course, we could conceivably see said "government aid" dry up in the wake of recent developing circumstances (particularly if an end result is loss of tax-exempt status for the Org)... :smirk:

As for supporting the third world congregations through first-world member donations, I'm pretty sure only the hard-core loyalists are still doing it.

All available anecdotal evidence suggests that poor JWs and the Conscious Class have finally zipped up their wallets, and I can't shake the feeling that the loyalists are an increasingly smaller minority.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I obviously hope that the WT will be fined lots of dollars, and that money be used to help the victims.

More than this, I hope that a few collars are felt and some high-ups go to prison for a long time.''

Whoever is at the helm of all of this, should and can be held with all culpability and justifiably so.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Next steps for the Austrailian Royal Commission

....................PLAY

Image result for Watchtower logo

.........WHACK a MOLE..

....http://i.stack.imgur.com/1lGBJ.gif

.........FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS..

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ha! Good one, Outlaw.

Legal whack-a-mole- exactement!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''All available anecdotal evidence suggests that poor JWs and the Conscious Class have finally zipped up their wallets, and I can't shake the feeling that the loyalists are an increasingly smaller minority.''

It sure seems that way sometimes.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Beth - agreed, the loyalists are becoming smaller in number, bigger on the crazy.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''bigger on the crazy''

probably.

• talesin
    talesin

OC - great research. Here's a NYT article about the case I mentioned. In researching this, I may be wrong about the class action suit. My memory sucks lately (sigh). As you can see, the NS govt. set up a fund ...... big mess ensued! You may find it interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/13/world/shelburne-journal-tales-of-sex-violence-and-greed-in-a-small-town.html

and the ensuing Kaufman Report (results of a Public Inquiry) ......

https://www.novascotia.ca/just/kaufmanreport/fullreport.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit