Evolution is a Fact #34 - Hiccups and Tadpoles

by cofty 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

"Just because an idea is true doesn’t mean it can be proved. And just because an idea can be proved doesn’t mean it’s true. When the experiments are done, we still have to choose what to believe."

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/12/13/the-truth-wears-off

• cofty
    cofty
    just because an idea can be proved doesn’t mean it’s true. When the experiments are done, we still have to choose what to believe - TheLiberator

That sounds like the sort of oxymoron creationists say who have no intention of examining the facts.

Imagine you are on a jury and the lawyer for the prosecution presents objective evidence day after day. He has DNA evidence, fibers, fingerprints, footprints, eye witnesses, CCTV, phone records, financial records, texts, emails etc etc. All of it points compellingly to the accused.

On the final day of the trial the defense lawyer gets up and says, "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I have absolutely no evidence at all to offer you on behalf of the defendant. But just because an idea is true doesn’t mean it can be proved. And just because an idea can be proved doesn’t mean it’s true."

Would you be impressed?

Evolution is not a matter of opinion. It's not a case of weighing up the evidence on both sides and making a judgement. There is NO evidence for creationism. It is entirely religious superstition. The evidence for evolution makes it as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Only those who avoid the task of examining the evidence can maintain the charade that it is even open to reasonable doubt.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

OK, then...I mean't what wrote. It's not up to me to judge.

Happy posting.

• cofty
    cofty
    OK, then...I mean't what wrote. It's not up to me to judge.

Sorry I don't understand?

What did you mean and what can't you judge?

Did you have a look at the ten questions for JWs/creationists?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Oh...I typed my response too fast. Sorry. In other words, it's not up to me to judge the topics that posters wish to post. But, I will add that I do have the freedom to choose which ones to read.

Here's a response, "I'm not interested", (door closes)

• cofty
    cofty
    I do have the freedom to choose which ones to read... "I'm not interested", - Quarterback

So you joined a conversation just for the purpose of saying you weren't interested in it.

You are interested in creationism, you said so earlier. You're just not interested in the inconvenient facts that show it didn't happen.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Here's a response, "I'm not interested", (door closes) - Quarterback

And while you wallow in your self induced ignorance the world moves on without you. Perhaps that is a good thing if you are not willing to learn about something before dismissing it.

And yes, discussions of this topic are certainly valid on this site because of what the JWs have wrote about it. Were it not for their lies (yes they are lies...) these topics would not be necessary...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Just gone through this at the dinner table as my daughter gets hiccups. I didn't mention the source of course but left them contemplating the implication of why we would mimic actions of an animal with both gills and lungs.....
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Pardon the pun Cofty, but I am going to cause a big hiccup. The biggest conspiracy all over YouTube right now puts Genesis chapter one squarely and firmly back where it should be in regards to how things came about. Dare you go down that rabbit hole is up to you. But one thing for sure, it is strengthening mine and many others faith in creation. It is the 'flat earth' conspiracy. Try debunking the flat earth. Your eyes will be opened.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

No I joined a conversation and commented on how this topic seemed to be a popular subject with you. It was just an observation that I made. Don't you like posting about Evolution? You stated that you are up to fact # 34.

I'm not interested in it myself. I remembered you saying that you were a witness in the past. When someone closed the door on you then, what did you do? Didn't you just go on.

Well sometimes JW's mentally close the door on individuals that they may not enjoy talking to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit