The question`s GOD beleiver / Creationists ignore or don`t / won`t / can`t answer ?

by smiddy3 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The common thread of beleivers / creationists of a GOD creating life is design .

And if something / anything is designed it must have a designer ?

However this reasoning is discarded when talking about the existence of GOD.

And if such a being as GOD somehow existed without a designer why not all forms of life itself as existing on Earth ?

Coming into existence without a designer ?

And if such a being as GOD exists why only one ? If one such being exists why not many ?

This is just some of the reasons I cant beleive in a GOD. am I alone with such thinking ?

I welcome beleivers in a personal GOD to respond as I would like to hear what you have to say.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Biological organisms on Earth are proof that there was no designer. Why would an all powerful, all knowing being create life that is feeble, easily killed, depends on the breathing of air and the consumption of other living organisms to live? The human body alone would be a disaster of a design if it were designed.

Just look at the human throat. Air and food, both required to keep the human body alive, go down the same pipe. People die from choking on food. This is one example of how poorly the human body works.

The complexity of something does not equate to intelligent design.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Well believe in God or not. It's a personal decision. One that no one can make for you. If it gives you peace...my peace came when I decided to believe. I used to feel the whole world was on my shoulders..until I believed. Now my soul feels like it's relaxing on the beach! I know it's not up to me anymore..that there is ultimately someone who is going to make all things right and all my weight is rested on his work. All I have to do is believe and love. Takes a lot of pressure off my life!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I welcome beleivers in a personal GOD to respond as I would like to hear what you have to say.

I am still waiting ? Anybody ?

This is not meant to be an attack on your beleifs but a genuine question as to how you can beleive without having a satisfactory answer to the questions I ask ?

And if you do have a satisfactory answer please reply ?

• waton
    waton
    Just look at the human throat. Air and food, both required to keep the human body alive,

In a way that contradicts evolution, because if this arrangement is so precarious, why was it not eliminated by mutations that gives 4 or more separate orifices , conduits for the functions ? or

think of the penguins congregating on the deep antarctic winter ice to incubate their eggs on their toes, the FATHERS.? really?

I believe that the extravagance of nature shows a deeply hidden worker at work, through the art in nature.

By their works you will know them.

Even if our research shows how it works, it is still work.

The immense size of the cosmos creates my respect for a possible maker. eternal in eternal time, using uncreated energy.

think of this: if you had to make it all.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I read in science books pertaining to evolution that nonhuman animals (and maybe human infants?) don't have the choking problem. They can swallow and breathe at the same time. Non-infant humans have the problem because an organ in the throat (the larynx or pharynx or both, I forget which) is further down in the throat. But that difference in the construction allows humans to make a far greater number of vocal sounds than the nonhuman apes, thus giving humans the vocal apparatus for speech. What we have is a matter of it being good enough and it is a matter of evolution by natural selection making use of what was available for it to work with. Natural selection settled on a compromise. Only a tiny percentage of humans have choked to death but the vast majority of humans are able to speak vocally.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

For Christians, it's because Jesus said so:

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
    But after that no one dared question Him.

Everything is based on the Resurrection. A man who has such wisdom and moral character as Jesus AND was raised from the dead is worthy of believing...... especially when compared to all the other options.

• hooberus
    hooberus

And if you do have a satisfactory answer please reply ?

smiddy3

Is there anything in the following statement that requires a designer God to have their own designer?

”An intelligent designer is necessary for the origin of biological life from non-life.”

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    "depends on.............. the consumption of other living organisms to live? "

This is what I find so hard to deal with.

I watch nesting birds. Seeing a mother bird throw her week chicks out of the nest is heartbreaking. Not to mention the torture a poor frog goes through as she tries to feed her ravenous larger chicks since it's a little too big to fit down their throats....it's brutal. A mouse suffers a similar fate. And that's one bird, in one moment in time. Think of the billions and billions of suffering creatures because our world is based on predation. On murder. Completely aside from humans and han behaviour/suffering.

How can a benign god have designed such a mechanism?

https://youtu.be/Y02GR9jxhyQ

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Think of the billions and billions of suffering creatures because our world is based on predation.

Just for clarification:

Think of the billions and billions of suffering creatures because our [fallen and cursed] world is based on predation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit