Opening doors, putting your foot in the door and other dangerous activities

by Anony Mous 16 Replies latest social current

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@GoUnion: Read the full details (both sides) on the case, the attorneys are now changing their tune from "through a closed door" to "the door was opened" and according to the homeowner, the other party was pulling on the storm door to get it open. According to neighbors, they were likewise scared when someone came to their door banging and trying to open the door.

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

I'll keep an eye on this story, right now I'm not seeing any news stories that would indicate this was a justified self defense shooting. The 16 year old rang the bell apparently.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

In the USA the law changes from state to state and enforcement from county to county. Many "Red" states have "Stand your ground laws" which apply even outside your home. "Castle" doctrine is your residence or recreational vehicle "home". In California, they have to come through the door (threshold). Some California DAs push to have the homeowner withdraw further inside before using violence.

However, if the homeowner has been a crime victim, or has been watching a steady stream of crime TV and have a gun, they are thinking about RIGHT NOW, not what the local District Attorney MIGHT think....add in some dementia or a cocktail...and it could be "deep sleep time" for an unexpected visitor.

After these recent unexpected visitor shootings and the mass Kingdom Hall shooting in Germany, I would hope most JWs would re-think door-to-door protocols. Folks an imaginary angel will not protect you.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I was listening to the news and there is this big brouhaha about someone shooting someone through their front door.

There's been two in one week. Second was fatal. A young lady turned into the wrong driveway. The second didn't make many news stations because doesn't fit the media's current narrative...perpetrator and victim being the same race.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Diogenesister: again, we don’t know the complete story. According to the evidence at hand, the property was clearly marked private and the youngsters were looking for a party, according to the homeowner shining bright lights, revving their engine and driving wildly.

It takes time to get, load and shoot a gun. People make mistakes, I think in both cases, if the ‘victims’ were actually innocent (which we know historically has been rarely true once the trial starts), they were tragic, I’m not sure without intent they could be classified murder.

Especially with crime skyrocketing everywhere and police refusing to handle it because BLM/Antifa terrorists, we’ll see more and more of it, just a few days ago, someone ‘repossessed’ their stolen truck when the police refused to do anything even though they had a GPS-location, those people were in Texas, so they weren’t charged.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Off topic as it has gone, but O.K as far as the Title goes, I've just got to tell you the story of what happened with a well known Foot in the Door "brother" when I was kid in the 1950's. Bro. F.I.D from now on.

My dad and I were knocking on a door a few door up from Bro. F.I.D, on a row of 200 year old cottages that had front doors right on the pavement, he seemed to have a good conversation going, he had his body half inside the little cottage, his Bible out and open, and must have said something outrageous as all of a sudden the guy inside gave him a hard shove, and slammed the door, Bro F.I.D fell backwards on to the pavement, a surprised look on his face, and dad burst out laughing.

What made dad and me laugh even more was, Bro F.I.D had placed his briefcase inside the cottage, and had to knock on the door to get it back, the guy threw it at him ! I thought all this was hilarious, being about 7 at the time, but was bit surprised that dad did, but he explained to me that he had warned Bro FID about putting his foot in the door a few days before !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    someone shooting someone

That must be in America then.

Not so much gun stuff here in the UK.

Here, it would be someone stabbing someone, especially in Sadiq Khan's London.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit