Since My Mom's Death--not a JW in sight !

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sorry for your loss. Their sympathy does not last long, if at all. UNTIL....it happens to THEM. JW's never "get" anything until it happens to them.

• blondie
    blondie

One of the biggest "fights" I had with the elders was when no one came to my FIL funeral, not a jw, but my hubbie was. Not even a card from anyone although our address was posted. How embarrassing to explain to our non-jw family why the sellf-reported most loving religion had not even sent one card from the congregation. We were out a year later.

Sorry min, she gave you unconditional love. Hard to find jws like that.

Hugs, Blondie and Irreverent

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I understand how you feel. Where is the "love"? (Isn't that what JC said would identify his followers?)

On the other hand, we would be complaining if they were calling daily or knocking on our door every Saturday morning.

I hope you have many fond memories of good times in the past with your Mom to help ease your time of grief.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We recently attended a dub funeral (in fact a "memorial" they called it.

The deceased man had two sons. One was well known as a "brother" , the other had left as a mid teen and never baptized so still available to talk to and reach out to despite a "worldly" life.

It was so striking that everyone, and the talk made a lot of the loss to the Witness bro.....but no mention or interest in the other one. He lives away somewhere so we could not say much but wife and I got cards for both brothers and made sure we spoke to the other one.

In the old days they would have seen the need to show compassion to both sons...not so now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with Perry- maybe a new church.

(I cannnot get a pentagram up from my smart phone.)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Firstly my symparhy for the passing of your mother. I always compare this to been upset that you didn't recieve an invitation to a party that you didn't want to go to. Not that I'm complaining but I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I walked out the door. I had been a loyal reporting publisher right up until the time I left. Only 3 people (out of the 100s that I knew) could be bothered to knock on my door. Two of those three called on a Saturday morning and was left with watchtower magazines (so I guess go figure on that one). To be honest with you I don't really know what to make of it? Insulted at just their complete lack of interest or great full because it saved me from having to confront and deal with them. I was driving past the kh the other day and saw all the cars parked outside for F/S and I couldn't help but think about how they will spends countless dollars and man hours knocking on empty door, and yet so little internal attention. I can understand how Wt is damn if it dose and damn if it dosnt but I am really confused when I hear of fading ones getting repeated calls from elders because this certainly wasn't the case for me. In hind sight it was a good thing.

• minimus
    minimus

Truth be told I would much rather have it this way when nobody is bothering me. I think many JW's got disappointed when I did not run back to mother! To me there are some nice people in the religion in spite of the religion itself

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

When my grandmother died the elder ask me: "I didn't get your fieldservice rapport, isn't it?".

One of the remarkable quotes of the year (or a lifetime!)

G.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh no. RIP to your mom. Consider yourself blessed though, on the love bombing. Really, do you want them around all the time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit