Died Due To Refusing Blood Transfusion

by rrb2016 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I am terribly sorry for your loss, especially the way it happened.

I have lived the travesty of the blood issue with my parents as well. They both survived, but not without a good look at the HLC and the helplessness of knowing your parents have "lawyered up" with their DPOA and you are not a decision maker.

• millie210
    millie210

Im so sorry rb.

Wishing you peace of mind and the comfort of knowing many of us care deeply.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Sorry (( ))
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I will never understand how they think that suicide by refusing life saving blood would have god's favor. So sad.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

sorry for your loss

• steve2
    steve2

Your mother died due to lung and skin cancer; internal bleeding cannot be stopped by mere transfusing blood, only elongate the already horrible, painful circumstances.

This is such an egregiously ill-informed comment that it beggars belief!

Contrary to the above Watchtower-influenced comment, blood loss can be stemmed and the likelihood increased of the body being under less stress. Palliative care for the terminally ill patient is hugely important and we know that physically stressed bodies often have a detrimental impact on a patient's psychological wellbeing.

After blood loss, the capacity for health status to stabilize plummets and the patient is prone to a hastened decline that can be at times needlessly distressing for the patient.Transfused blood enables medical stabilization and when the body is in a less distressed state, some clotting can occur.

Sure, it is important that medical practitioners respect the patient's wishes - and it looks like they did. Nonetheless, it remains a tragedy that blood-refusal in the name of religion overrides informed patient decisions.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    This is tragic. So so sorry for your loss. As some have said, she may have shortened her painful circumstances. But you have every right to be angry with Watchtower for taking her decisions on this away from her.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    So sorry for your loss.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

Wow, so sorry for this ordeal. I can only imagine how helpless it must feel, when literally watching someone you love, not accept medical treatment that could help them, all due to false doctrine and foolish interpretation of an archaic book.

This Cult is dangerous. This Cult cares NOTHING for its members. There is no love in the Cult, only hurt and pain.

Not to sound callous. especially since this loss is so fresh to you, but I almost wish you could SUE the WBT$. I wish you were able to sue the WTB$ for taking your poor mother away from you, too early. The WTB$'s own doctrine on blood has changed so dramatically over the past few years, that they ALMOST allow it, with all the blood "fractions" you CAN take, but they do not have the VIRTUE to come out and let members accept blood. They do this knowing full well that their own members LIVES could be saved.

This IS indeed criminal, and I wish they would soon be "taken to the bank", on their archaic, criminal, stance.

Truly sorry for your loss.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It's amazing how they can't see that this teaching is the same as human sacrifice to their God, plain and simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit