The elephant in the room post

by joey jojo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

We definitely shouldn't bump that thread any longer...

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

LoveUni:

@Joey - I think you miss the point.
    Lloyd Evans has criticised WT policies which cover up child sex abuse. He can't, or shouldn't, then go around seeing Thai prostitutes, many of whom could have been underage and/or forced into sex work.
    That's the issue.

I have read other comments like this and I find them a bit strange. Thailand is a popular destination for us Aussies and most people I know have been there- Ive been there twice.

A trip to Thailand does not automatically equate to days of sex filled debauchery. Most people go with their families and stay at resorts, eat thai food and have a normal holiday like they would anywhere else.

Yes , I know Thailand has a reputation for sex but tragically there are stories of trafficked prostitutes in every country- its a worldwide problem.

You are accusing someone of an alleged crime simply because they happen to be in a certain country.

Loveuni- have you been to Thailand?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Simon:

He's taking money off exJWs who really don't need to be victimized again by a cheap woman-abusing grifter.
    He's bullied and driven away many other content creators.

Simon, Im sure you have more insight into the ex-JW community than me, so if this is true, then fair enough.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Lloyd evans

• JeffT
    JeffT

I have read other comments like this and I find them a bit strange. Thailand is a popular destination for us Aussies and most people I know have been there- Ive been there twice.

A trip to Thailand does not automatically equate to days of sex filled debauchery. Most people go with their families and stay at resorts, eat thai food and have a normal holiday like they would anywhere else.

Yes , I know Thailand has a reputation for sex but tragically there are stories of trafficked prostitutes in every country- its a worldwide problem.

You are accusing someone of an alleged crime simply because they happen to be in a certain country.

Loveuni- have you been to Thailand?

There is nothing alleged about it. This all started with his public confession that he had visited Thailand for the purpose of finding sex workers that could meet some need he has. If he kept his personal life personal I wouldn't care what he does. But given his history he has no business claiming he's fighting for victims of sexual abuse.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

I don't care for what the guy did. But its hilarious how some of the same people clutching their pearls over Lloyd Evans (an unknown YouTuber outside of exjw world) and calling him an immoral grifter....are passionately in support of a certain other immoral grifter with blonde hair and orange skin .

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Jefft

The issue is accusations of implied child abuse because he had sex with prostitutes in Thailand. A doesn't necessarily imply B.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm not interested in 'he who shall not be named' and neither do I watch ex Jobot youpube vids. I'm hopefully beyond all that.

There's a life out there without getting entangled in all the other stuff. I never get involved with that post you mention, it just seems like a load of village gossip when I did tacitly look. It's one I really don't have the energy to get involved in.

I wonder if it's more about sniping than genuine concern.

I'm still looking for the rich widow. the search continues.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Thailand is a popular destination for us Aussies and most people I know have been there- Ive been there twice - So what.

Lloyd Evans went to Thailand to use prostitutes.

I therefore refer you back to my previous post.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A trip to Thailand does not automatically equate to days of sex filled debauchery.

That's why I don't go there. I'm looking for a place that is though....and not Wolverhampton or Corby, either. (Adults, I stress. None of your Governing Body(TM) type of stuff).

Now, where's that rich widow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit