The elephant in the room post

by joey jojo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Is it ok to talk about the ongoing post about 'He who must not ne named"?

My perspective: Im a neutral observer. I dont know Lloyd Evans, Im not an active member of any ex-jw group (except this one I guess). I watch a lot of different ex-JW's on youtube and L.E happens to be one of them.

I dont care what he does in his private life- I dont care to know- I simply watch for the latest info on what is happening in JW land.

There are people in my life that have caused me personal grief, just like everyone else. I rarely - if ever think about those people, I dont sit up at night obsessing over them or what they do, which leads me to the question, why do some of you guys care so much?

Do you set your alarms to make sure someone bumps the thread everyday? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

If L.E. had slept with your partner, maybe I would understand- to a point, but really, months of bumping- thousands of replies?

The whole thing seems a bit pathetic and smells like professional jealousy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ooh joey, the ‘politically correct’ may get you ‘marked’

😏

Cheers,

Ozzie🍷

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Well thx for replying Oz.

I think my question is a fair one though. Everytime I log in the post is first page. At what point do we move past it?

Edited to add: Im not taking sides, Im sure he has genuinely crossed some people, Im just asking the question based on what I see as an average punter who has been on this site for years..

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Personally, I thing as a person he's a peice of trash, but at the same time I could give a crap less. I'm like you, I just keep watching his videos along with others videos to keep up with watchtower latest schemes. He's just a hot topic for most everyone else because he was THE push into the ex world for a LOT of folks. Was for me as well. Kim and mikey and other people hes worked with that a lot of us look up to and respect have been wronged by him as well and we all just expected better from him. But, I'm disappointed in him but othern that I don't care.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Joey - I think you miss the point.

Lloyd Evans has criticised WT policies which cover up child sex abuse. He can't, or shouldn't, then go around seeing Thai prostitutes, many of whom could have been underage and/or forced into sex work.

That's the issue.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Lloyd Evans has criticised WT policies which cover up child sex abuse. He can't, or shouldn't, then go around seeing Thai prostitutes, many of whom could have been underage and/or forced into sex work.

LoveUniHateExams for the win!

• Simon
    Simon

He's taking money off exJWs who really don't need to be victimized again by a cheap woman-abusing grifter.

He's bullied and driven away many other content creators.

He's a cancer to the exJW community.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@joey - "The whole thing seems a bit pathetic and smells like professional jealousy."

I have broad shoulders and can take the weight of all the down votes I will get. I have to agree with your quoted comment. While most do not feel that way I am of the opinion that some, even on this board, who have their You Tube channels would fall into the category of ones who display jealousy for the followers he may have had at one time and needed to do what they could to take him down to boost their own You Tube presence. The fact that he is a hypocritical jerk was just the convenient "mean tweets" excuse to pile on and keep beating a dead horse. At this point there is no meaningful new information to bring to the table, and it should be put to rest.

Now go ahead, down vote me to your hearts content, ban me, ignore me, slam me with your opinions as to why am wrong, I voiced my opinion and said what I meant, and meant what I said. No apologies!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

He is the tar we're all being brushed with. They called us "mentally diseased apostates" remember?

They'll point at Evans as proof they were right. As an activist he has to go.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i hardly ever read cedars when he was a member here--and that AAWA business went over my head. I dont think ive read more than half a dozen replies to the mega thread. Is it the longest there has ever been on here ?

Dont forget--there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit