consequences for going against the direction.

by jehovaxx 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ron. Pretty pointed midweek announcements clothing will not change. That means a poly car salesman suit is ok but not a harris tweed and sweater. Sisters had skirts that nearly dragged the floor.

Other part was to the affect "we are still the elders and run the show" do not do more than mention meeting to a df relative.

Lastly the beards are a disaster. 90% grew one but only 20% know how to trim.

As soon as wife and elderly brother are gone I'm out of here

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    The change to the appeal committee is relevant but in practice the appeals that I seen turned over were in fact the case of the subject expressing their repentance better and in a different way at the appeal.

This may be what is changing. Remember, the Appeal Committee is hand-picked by the CO. They are not just local elders chosen at random. These Company Men will be there to protect the Borg. They will be entrusted to determine if the person being DF could pose a risk to the Borg if they are DF. Does the case open up any kind of liability to the Borg? Does it in any way make it possible to bring a charge of them violating Human Rights?

They won't be there to determine repentance. They will be there to determine risk!

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

The new direction is if the person says they are repentant then that is enough.

Its gone from what the elders say to what the sinner says

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    The new direction is if the person says they are repentant then that is enough. Its gone from what the elders say to what the sinner says

I'll believe that after I see it in practice. Right now it's just words. Those words might be simply PR spin and Theocratic Warfare (aka LIES).

We can be sure there will be much said in private elders meetings with COs and at KM Schools. BUT we can also be sure that it all will be leaked. There are NO such things as secrets anymore.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"PR spin and Theocratic Warfare" -Doc

Yes. That was very obvious with Sanderson's patriotic Norwegian tie in the video.

So transparent, I mean embarrassingly so.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jehovaxx:

The new direction is if the person says they are repentant then that is enough.

You’ve said this a few times, but it sounds like your interpretation of some circuit overseer’s interpretation. (And the constant use of the phrase ‘the direction’ or ‘the new direction’ sounds a bit culty.) Where is it actually stated in any official document from the Watch Tower Society?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit