Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets - Makes 10 Commandments Sound Facile

by cofty 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Clambake you wrote: I use to have an interest in the Occult and from my research this so called Satanism it was just an extreme form of atheism which seemed more interested in pissing people off than being an actual religion.

Oh its an actual religion all right.

A lot of the so called rituals were actually just developed as a mockery of Christianity. Goats instead of sheep, Drinking blood as oppose to kosor diet, inverted cross, etc etc.

Clambake that is Devil worship or in other words Inverse Christianity, not Satanism.

Historically the well known religions that demanded blood sacrifices were the Abrahamic religions. Today those blood sacrifices are mostly performed by 16 year old kids who think they are doing the will of the Devil by killing a cat. Their background is Christianity, which they think is true and that's why they do idiotic things as an act of rebellion. They get their ideas from the OT.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Cold Steel ,makes reference to God`s law to protect animal and bird life.Apparently he/she believes in the Bible , so apart from God approving of blood sacrifices of animals and birds by the millions ,God also destroyed every animal and bird life everywhere on earth , in the flood of Noah`s day except for a handful of survivors.

I wonder what happened to all the marine life when the earth was deluged with fresh water that covered the highest mountains.?

Good one God.

smiddy

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I love seeing people defending OT slavery. Too bad it's the same old idiotic and absurd tripe. I'm always looking for a new idea on rationalizing this abomination found in Scripture. I'll keep looking.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Doesn't sound so bad to me, this OP

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Smiddy» Apparently he believes in the Bible, so apart from God approving of blood sacrifices of animals and birds by the millions, God also destroyed every animal and bird life everywhere on earth in the flood of Noah`s day except for a handful of survivors.

God respects animal life. He knows because of the fall, all men and animals must die. He has given them into our care as their stewards. Animal sacrifice pointed us to Christ and was a teaching tool. And every animal, as with every human, is immortal and lives on after death. And all, both humans and animals, will be resurrected. So God doesn't snuff out the existence of any animal...or man. Nor is it his will that animals suffer at the hands of man, and has taught us how to take life with little or no pain.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    SaintBerholdt» ...that is Devil worship or in other words Inverse Christianity, not Satanism.

What?? Hello! Devil Worship = Satanism. Inverse Christianity is a form of, but is not limited to, both.

Lucifer founded his own cult and tied the sons of men to it (including Cain and his wife) with blood oaths. If men take upon themselves the worship of Satan without his instrumentality, it's the same as men worshipping God without God's instrumentality. It may take one a distance, but not all the way.

Those who worship Satan saying he was wronged by God -- that he's in reality a beautiful being with a desire only to help humanity -- well, that's something else. Something based on deception. But all of it is counterproductive to man.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Ten Commandments

I

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:

II

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.

III

Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

IV

The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.

V

All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male. But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

VI

Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

VII

And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.

VIII

Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

IX

The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

X

Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

Exodus 34:12-27, King James Bible

Yeah..so you've got to give your kids your best shot at wisdom equiping them to deal with all life will throw at them in ten snappy sentences...(as my kids would say) god this is an EPIC FAIL!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    , and that's accusation. They stand collectively as an adversary and accuser of God. The mother's milk is life to her young. That the Lord would see the horrific ramifications of this and forbid it recognizes the sacrifice of life in both the mother and the kid.?

Sorry but this is a terrible defence of a rule obviously made up by superstitious shepherds...' Horrific ramifications ' by a god that revels in ' blood sacrifice' to atone for another set of arbitrary rules .

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I'm not sure you really addressed Coftys concerns on the slavery issue, Cold Steel.

It would have been within Gods laws to torture a slave to death. So long as the death doesn't immediately follow the beatings. Agonisng prolonged deaths of beaten and tortured slaves are sanctioned by your almighty God.

All good?

• cofty
    cofty

CS you totally ignored the inconvenient fact that your god advocates slavery.

I would love to have a conversation about godless ethics on a new thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit