did you talk to the elders?

by Moxy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

thx for all the replies, esp somebody and zev. i think the comments are leaning towards the elder talk being a futile exercise and of little personal value. im leaning there myself...

mox

• somebody
    somebody

hi all,

I was talking to beckyboob last week and told her I would find the thread that I explained the simple reason why I left the borg years ago and what I saw. Once I found the thread, I thought I'd bring it up again for all newbies to share their reasons why they left. It was a good topic and I thank Moxy for starting it.

Moxy, I haven't seen you post in a LONG time! If you're still here, let us know how you're doing, will ya? I hope all is well with you.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• Imbue
    Imbue

If that were a realistic option for many they may never have totally left the org for family reasons. Since one can't ask questions about their doubts it becomes a factor for many leaving in the first place. It provides a spring board for leaving.

The fact that you can't ask reasonable questions, without consequences, only demonstrates how they are a cult. Since expressing doubts only leaves one open to apostasy accusations and extreme shunning.

WB Moxy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• somebody
    somebody

Imbue,

If that were a realistic option for many they may never have totally left the org for family reasons. Since one can't ask questions about their doubts it becomes a factor for many leaving in the first place. It provides a spring board for leaving.
    That is SOOOOO true! And according to the bible, when fellow sinners went to the "older men" to confess their sins, the older men prayed and put some kind of oil on their heads. I have never found it anywhere in the Gospel/good news books of the bible that any older men/elders symbolically turned each other, or fellow believers into the hands of satan. I haven't found that such an evil practice is in any way imitating Christ as the WBTS tells the public that they do on it's public relations website. I see it as just an added lie to all the other lies they tell the unsuspecting public.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• Grout
    Grout

I opened up to several elders, including a visiting C.O. who was at my home for a "shepherding call" (cough), about my doubts. Specifically, I was conflicted about the nature of the preaching work. How could it be that our efforts mattered -- that is, that some would live or not depending on how well we spoke to them -- if God was fair, so as to make sure that everyone got the witness they needed?

In other words: Is God just, or does my preaching matter?

They were, to a man, frightened by this question. They had no answers, and they knew it.

I shifted from "question phase" to "exit phase" about the time I moved to another congregation's territory. I probably would have been called before a committee soon had I not moved.
    --
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit