Would you kill for the org?.......YES I WOULD!

by olongapo joe 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What really, really bothers me and disturbs me is this key fact.

Children of JW's who need a blood transfusion. Children living at home before the teenaged-years, who are not yet totally developed mentally and have their parents make all their life and death choices for them. They would rather have one or more of their kids perish instead of obtaining life-saving medical treatment. This has always, always bothered me and disturbed me right to my very core.

Just want to add that YES, these people in the Borg are on edge. To obey, obey, obey these days. Hyping-up the instructions of obedience to people who are to obey **life-saving instructions**. With heightened paranoia, to take someone else life, not surprising. Very dangerous to always keep people on edge like this!!!! And waiting with *great expectation** for decades and decades.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
    Steven Weinberg
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    ..and would you line up to drink the COOL AID.......?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    so when you were a hardcore JW would you have killed for them?

That's gods job. He loves murdering innocent people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I finally ask my pops, if the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society told you to go out and start killing Muslims, would you do it? Yes I would, was his reply,

Man, that is scary !... Of course I could never have. But as others have said, I viewed that as the angel's job. If they did it then.....

I have often thought that if they wanted to, The WTS could train a force of willing members to do such things, introducing ideas gradually and conditioning them to it. - such is the level of blind obedience among the flock..

Incidentally, in my young day the targets for hypothetical discussion would have been Catholics!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

BluesBrother

As I mentioned above, JW's are on edge, NOW more than ever to obey

Obey, obey, obey,obey being pounded into their heads.

There have been letters to elders making note to ''obey'' instructions from the Borg over and above those from the laws of the land.

The blood policy sets the mold for this. To have someone perish rather than receive life saving treatment. With instructions to practise ''unquestioning obedience'', JW's are on edge big-time to NOT to disobey.

• blondie
    blondie
    6 Once all the 144,000 anointed are in heaven, the final preparations for the marriage of the Lamb can begin. (Revelation 19:9) But something else must happen before that exciting event. Remember that Gog will attack God’s people while the remaining anointed ones are still on earth. (Ezekiel 38:16) How will God’s people react? They will obey the following instructions: “You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf. . . . Do not be afraid or be terrified.” (2 Chronicles 20:17) Sometime after the attack of Gog begins, all the remaining anointed ones on earth will be taken to heaven. Then Revelation 17:14 tells us about the reaction in heaven to Gog’s attack. The enemies of God’s people “will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful will do so.” Thus, Jesus, together with his 144,000 anointed kings in heaven, will rescue God’s people here on earth.

17 That rescue will result in the battle of Armageddon, which will bring glory to Jehovah’s holy name. (Revelation 16:16) All those who are judged as goats, or as unfaithful, will be destroyed. There will be no more wickedness on earth, and the “great crowd” will survive Armageddon. Finally, the exciting end to the book of Revelation can take place, the marriage of the Lamb! (Revelation 21:1-4)* (See footnote.) All who survive on the earth will enjoy God’s favor and experience his great love and generosity. We eagerly look forward to that time. What a marriage feast that will be!—Read 2 Peter 3:13.

ws15 7/15 pp. 9-15

• “Your Deliverance Is Getting Near”!
  • 20:17. To “see the salvation of Jehovah,” we need to “take [our] position” in active support of God’s Kingdom. Rather than take matters into our own hands, we must “stand still,” placing our implicit trust in Jehovah.

• w05 12/1 p. 18-p. 21 par. 10
  • Highlights From the Book of Second Chronicles
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Like Blondie pointed out, I was always taught it wasn't going to be our battle. I've heard it compared to when the Assyrians surrounded Jerusalem and the angel killed 180ish thousand soldiers or whatever the number was. So they would have had to made some major theological changes to make the leap to killing for them.

BUT, I most certainly would have died for them. Whether refusing blood or being a martyr at the hands of the government, I absolutely was ready to make that sacrifice. I was a kid during Malawi and I remember having dreams about me being in a situation where I faced the choice of death or renouncing my faith.

God what an idiot I was!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

olongopo joe - "...I finally ask my pops, if the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society told you to go out and start killing Muslims, would you do it? Yes I would, was his reply..."

Never has this image been more appropriate:

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit