If you could pick out critical errors to the JWS religion what would it be ?

by Rocketman123 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Many that have come to this forum have left the JWS religion and moved on with their lives but from a outsider's viewpoint what do think makes the JWS religion wrong or incorrect as a active Christian faith ?

Somethings come to mind such as its long continuous End Times/Armageddon soon doctrine which has really been a core doctrine for decades going right back to its beginning .

Maybe they should have adopted the stance as other Christian based faiths and adhered to Jesus's own words when he said " No One Knows of The Time Not Even He ".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Even when I was PIMI I had come to the conclusion , decades before I left, that Jesus would of died on a cross. Just wish it was the thing that had woken me up.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think if I could just bring out one thing and one thing only it would be this -

The Watchtower never admits it is wrong or apologizes for the pain it caused with its teaches. The Watchtower simply presents its "New Light" without even mentioning the former doctrine and then conveniently skips over all the Witnesses that suffered as a result of the old doctrine.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I also think there is too much enforced judgment over people's behavior .

Disfellowshipping for example.

Didn't Jesus say to not be overly judgmentally over other Christians but to show and teach his way

Most Christian religions dont make public judgements over people's behavior and bring these matters to a public place like a Kingdom Hall, publicly claiming a certain person is to be shunned.

Is that a Jewish OT way of doing things or a Christian way of doing things ?.

Who are the JWS trying to emulate ? the ancient Hebrews or devoted Christians from Jesus's instructions and guiding directions ?

• carla
    carla

There are too many things to choose from!

You can't even have a discussion with a jw from a religious point of view if you can't first establish who Jesus was/is. My jw says Jesus could have been anybody (as a real live person, forget the Michael thing for a moment) just a human perspective. Most Christians do not believe this to be true from my experience.

Then there is 'sin'. My jw says he is not an intentional sinner being a jw. I guess the rest of us poor slobs are 'intentional sinners' whatever that means. To most Christians I know, we all are sinners, we all fall short.

I won't even touch on the notion of love as jw's cannot wrap their head around that one.

Praying for others? not in dubland, in Christianity? yes, pray for your enemies (and those you love)

• waton
    waton

wt sees itself as superior, chosen, because of right doctrine, the "truth" ---But: if their truth is false, that sinks their tacking sailboat.

Current total failure? the latest "last generation" loop.

Jesus said his contemporaries/ generation would not pass away, before the end of the [jewish temple] system. (all these things are fulfilled). so in his words, they might die later, and did. John of Patmos for example.

wt's "second fulfillment" scenario does not follow those parameters, contradicting Jesus.

wt prophecies, that The Anointed Generation will pass away at the beginning of the GT, not after Armageddon. and

we have not yet mentioned the 20 year overlap of 2 centenarians., since 1914, that expires in 2075.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If I could pick out critical JWS errors...what would they be? Like others have said...WT errors are like the grains in the sand...too many to number!

One recurring error that stands out to me is WT's constantly referring to Proverbs 4:18 whenever they've been wrong in their understanding of Bible teachings. WT wrongly equates the 'bright morning light' with further enlightenment of a doctrine or teaching. First-off...Proverbs 4 does not in any way, shape or form talk about doctrinal matters or religious ideology. It's simply a scenario of a father giving his child behavioral advice & the consequences of choosing a bad path in life. The whole book of Proverbs (Prov 4:18 included) accomplishes something no other biblical book does: It simply compiles numerous short instructions for living a good and fulfilling life on earth.

When will these 8 WT meathead leaders get Proverbs 4:18 right & stop abusing it?

• jhine
    jhine

Shunning is not a Christian way of doing things . Paul does say not to eat with Christian's who go wrong. This probably means do not share the Bread and Wine with them as this was commonly done during a shared meal .

As far as l am aware it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible to treat such people like lepers .

The WT simply uses this tactic to control it's members .

False prophecies , flip flops on doctrine , as has already been said there is too much to mention .

Jan

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The teaching that Christ died "to pay back what Adam lost" and not for you.

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

The fact that the watchtower claims to be the one true religion..and all others are false. Well they would say that..wouldnt they! Dont they all worship the same hole in the sky? Or is there more than one almighty god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit