Toxic Person?

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

REBEL8:

I got letters and cards too when I started my "fade". As for the person who wrote you the letter because she wanted the last word, you should have written her a letter back and ended it with the sentence that you will not read any further correspondence from her. That way you'll have the last word.

Yes, JWs are toxic and want to see themselves in a good light and anybody who doesn't want their religion is painted as bad.

Before my actual "fade", I became very irregular. Some over righteous sister called me (probably to count time)....One of her mumbo jumbo arguments (besides the fact "that I shouldn't trust my own intelligence").. was "that some people just don't WANT the "truth"....I said to her: "some people just don't believe it". Some Witnesses have convinced themselves that their religion is so logical to believe in and if you don't accept it then YOU must have a problem.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This quote hit me like a ton of bricks when I first read it because it's exactly how my crazy abusive ex behaved. Not to mention the Org of course.

• tiki
    tiki

That quote is my boss...she is toxic and a control freak.....spot on....

• flipper
    flipper
    STUCKINARUT- Totally true quote. Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I've experienced personally from former associates , family, or former friends I used to know who are JW's. This has been happening to me for over 14 years. Even happened to me when I WAS a JW in the cult from fellow JW's. As you might suspect- my defense radar mechanism towards JW's is VERY high
  • blondie
    blondie

The first 2 toxic people in my life were my parents and the quote fit that description. Later in looking for help I read this book and it started me on the road to successfully identifying and handling toxic people.

https://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Parents-Overcoming-Hurtful-Reclaiming/dp/0553381407

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, that is a great book Blondie!

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Blondie - that is indeed a fantastic book. I read it a few years back as I tried to come to terms with my toxic parents and their impact. Might be a good idea to pull it out again and read it from a rather different point of view now.

Stuck just sent me another quote that is applicable to this post: "Never forget that walking away from something unhealthy is brave".

There are a lot of brave people on this forum and I am grateful to you all for what you share - it has helped me tremendously.

Love to all

Unstuck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit