UK JW Charity analysis project

by truthseeker 38 Replies latest members private

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Darkspilver, that is interesting. I deduped the list last night and inc Scotland and N. Ireland there are 1,557 registered JW congregations. I'm assuming the Yearbook is only counting English and Welsh congregations.

Thanks for the link to the JW meeting app finder. I can compare the list with what I have.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Slim,

i haven't got there yet. The Scottish data is different in format than the charities listed for England and Wales.

There is a way you can all help. Any rumours you hear of congregations being merged or disbanded can be listed here so I can add a comment to the list. Also any halls that have closed or been sold can also be added. It will take some time to trawl through the posts but I feel that this is worth it. Once the list is up to date it will be fairly easy to automate data pulls. I wish I had done this earlier.

Truthseeker

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Revised Stats (registered and removed)

England & Wales: 1,414 (foreign language congregations - 98)

*Bristol Hengrove congregation was previously registered as charity #1065257 before becoming amalgamated on 18 Feb 2005 and then re-registered as charity #1066946

Scotland: 108

Northern Ireland: 27

Grand Total: 1,549

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Any ideas?

London Clapham congregation is overdue with its accounts by 1,389 days. they haven't filed a report since 2013!

For years 2012 and 2013 they have spent more money than they had coming in.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1067350&SubsidiaryNumber=0

• truthseeker
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you truth seeker

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Update...

It's exhausting work putting this together but worth it in the end.

the UK charity website has a beta version which shows the number of trustees/elders in each congregation and many report how many members they have.

When both numbers are present one can calculate the ratio of elders to publishers.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Many congregations have additional financial information given as links to pdfs. These documents includes the sale of Kingdom Halls and legacies bequeathed.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Northern Ireland congregations are included in the Ireland total I have been told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit