UK JW Charity analysis project

by truthseeker 38 Replies latest members private

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The Redditch congregation (Worcestershire) was removed as a charity on 9 Sep 2014.

Does this mean the congregation was merged, disbanded or is still operating? I have no idea at this time.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/RemovedCharityMain.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1065309&SubsidiaryNumber=0

• St George of England
    St George of England

A very useful project. About 5 years ago someone put a Word document on here,"Trustees of WTS Charities" which listed all the elders (trustees) in England and then linked each one to the relevant Charity Commission page.

George

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi St. George,

That's interesting. I'll see if I can find that post.

Truthseeker

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This is interesting...

I went to this congregation once with an elder who was giving an away talk.

I believe this congregation was merged with another as the registration details says "Funds transferred 2015"

England & Wales East Sussex West Sussex
    1065536 BRIGHTON, PATCHAM CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Removed

• St George of England
    St George of England

Brighton Patcham was closed and the congregation joined Brighton Hove and became Brighton West. The KH, known as Central KH was sold, about £550,000 if I remember correctly, was sent to the society.

There are now only 3 congregations in Brighton, Brighton West, Brighton North and Woodingdean.

Brighton North and the "Wooden Tops" share a KH and Brighton West and Portslade share a KH.

George

• St George of England
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

Awesome, thank you St. George!

I'm making this list in Excel so I can use macros to automate the data pull.

It could be refreshed each year to grab relevant data to see if a congregation is still registered or has merged or disbanded.

• freddo
    freddo

Portishead congregation shows "transfer of funds". Removed from charity register 5th May 2016

I know they disbanded in August 2014 but they kept the "books" open quite a while. There was a hall involved which is up for sale or sold. And of course the money they saved up for a refurb/new hall went to HQ.

Cinderford congregation shows "transfer of funds". Removed from charity register 15th March 2016

I know they disbanded in 2015.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hey--st george--your avatar looks like you just molted out of truthseeker--and left him an empty shell.

or did you eat him ?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Nothing to do with me Stan. I'm just a regular old knight going around looking for maidens in need of saving!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit