UK JW Charity analysis project

by truthseeker 38 Replies latest members private

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I am currently working on a project to analyze all congregations registered as charities in the U.K. This includes congregations in Scotland and Northern Ireland. There is a lot of data and processing to do.

An interesting note is that 100 congregations listed as charities are registered inactive. I don't know if this is due to congregations merging or being disbanded.

Right now I have downloaded all charities and am in the process of removing duplicates as the search engine on the charity website can list a congregation multiple times for different areas of overlap. This is especially true for the London congregations that also appear in Surrey area searches.

This will be the only thread I will post in for this project.

Truthseeker

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

What exactly are you researching? what are you looking to find?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Financial analysis. A list of trustees for an "elder search". How many congregations have disbanded/merged.

• freddo
    freddo

Excellent work truthseeker. I look forward to poring over the results.

"An interesting note is that 100 congregations listed as charities are registered inactive."

That is interesting. I'd love to see that list.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

The ones in England and Wales are easy enough to find on the UK Charity website. However, I’ve not had any success at all in finding similar lists in the Northern Ireland and Scotland Charity Commission websites. Are you sure that congregations in those countries are registered as charities?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The Scottish charities are registered under a different website.

Same for N. Ireland.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There is a list you can download on the UK charity website which you can see the email, web address and phone number, where listed, for the JW congregations. I am currently merging the two lists together.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Here is one example of a Scottish JW congregation registered as a charity

Campbeltown Congregation Of Jehovahs Witnesses

https://www.oscr.org.uk/charities/search-scottish-charity-register/charity-details?number=SC000268

Interestingly, the Scottish charities list their registration date which could possibly be the date the congregation was formed?

11 May 1981

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Interesting...three email contacts for three different congregations have the year 1914 in their email address.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I do want to make it clear that the list is not to be used for stalking or any illegal activity.

Everything in the list is already public information, the only difference is I'm putting all the charity info into one list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit