Cart Anti-Witnessing - Best Approach I've found on YouTube So Far

by Vanderhoven7 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A Pastor lovingly approaches a JW.

Granted the JW is not that that willing, knowledgeable or eloquent. But he does succeed in getting her to open up.

https://youtu.be/BUfT9QdSUOs

Have you found a video that reflects a good or even better approach?

• watson
    watson

This guy is good. The only thing I have a problem with is that he believes there is an all knowing, all seeing "God".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

He fantastic.

I have known Witnesses who go out on the ministry because of love, but Watchtower is a hard task master, and what upset me was the way they immediately don't want to engage someone that wants to engage them....to talk about Jesus! Watchtower puts fear in their hearts, yes, but almost hatred, too, and I find it so painful when I think of the joy they must of first felt when they first discovered God and now they go out in the ministry to REJECT people. How sad.

Funny they used the very word in col 1.16 " other"that Watchtower adds. Surely they know its been added, they are old enough to remember it was bracketed in the old green NWT. I think the pastor is right in What he says, since I have read their defense, which goes something like this

1. All translators " add" words to make things plain in the New language

2. Other translations add the word 'other' in other places in the bible ( eg 'all other trees'

3. Other in the NT is often used to mean 'most' or 'Many'

4. As in many modern languages the subject and/or the speaker is assumed not to be included. They use inane examples which are not so vital to the sense of the argument.

....and I think it's a poor defense since in this particulAr instance it changes the meaning in such a vital way, in an incredibly vital text.

By the way, anyone know what island They live on?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry to put a dampner on his approach but I thought he gave these two mature aged ladies too much information that their is no way in the world could they take it all in .

As well as throwing in that God was identified by another name in the passages of the old Testament he quoted ?

I think it would have all gone well over their heads and they wouldn`t even remember a fraction of what he was on about let alone look anything up that he encouraged them to do.

Don`t get me wrong he did a marvellous job in his presentation it was just wasted on two old ladies counting time with no real Bible knowledge .

Just my 2 cents worth.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You'd be had pressed to find many JWs who could compete in this conversation. These ladies will breath a sigh of relief as soon as he walks away and that will be the end of it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Thanks for sharing.

Here's one of my all-time favorites:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BVeFr75pyE

• blownaway
    blownaway

The first video was a complete waste of time IMO. The JWs have set up an almost impenetrable wall for the cult members. They will not listen to anything you say that are real questions or arguments.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

That's neat blue dog. They stopped him at Roman's 10. He was preaching salvation through faith in Jesus alone. Anathema to the org.

Excellent video. Thanks

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

BA...I agree with you that it may have been a waste of time. But we never know the effect that gospel truth can have in a Witnesses life, immediately or down the road.

One of my friends, an MS, ended up leaving the organization because of the love and joy he saw in the lives of evangelical Christians. Lost his son and daughter in the process.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''One of my friends, an MS, ended up leaving the organization because of the love and joy he saw in the lives of evangelical Christians. Lost his son and daughter in the process.''

Yeah, There is more ''love'' amongst people outside of the Borg than '''in''. That's a real eye opener.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit