the toll of being PIMO

by enoughisenough 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So much sockpuppetry going on.

Someone has a vested interest in making it seem like "JWlite" is new vocabulary being used by many Witnesses, and also that all the cool JWs feel this way.

See also "soft touch."

Quite a few of you are picking up on the multiple accounts being the same person. If you're not sure exactly how you know, I can tell you. As a teacher who has taught writing, it's that nearly intangible thing called, "voice."

It's okay if you don't remember the term, but good job for remembering the lesson. That's really all that teachers hope for anyway.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

It’s not a toll.

Being a JW from now on is totally different from only recent times.

You can basically do whatever you want. Sex, blood, smoking, drugs, rock and roll.

What will happen is elders will ask are you showing genuine repentance. If you say you are then that is enough. If the elders don’t think you are telling the truth that you have stopped they will inform you that they have decided to DF you.

You can appeal and tell the new bothers that those last elders had it in for you and you really are sorry. On that appeal the direction is that the elders have to take your word for it that you are really repentant.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out because there is a loophole where JWs can get away with anything now.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"You can basically do whatever you want. Sex, blood, smoking, drugs, rock and roll."

I think you're stretching things a bit here. Even if they are relatively lenient the first time, habitual exercise of those things are going to demonstrate that the person doing them isn't taking anything very seriously, as would probably be the judgement of someone not in the organisation. I don't see it as the organisation's version of cheap grace.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo
    Even if they are relatively lenient the first time, habitual exercise of those things are going to demonstrate that the person doing them isn't taking anything very seriously,

Yes exactly and these are the most interesting members of the congregation these days, those not taking Things all that seriously. These are the ones that get invited to the best social gatherings. An interesting question would be what happens now if someone wanted to use the new loopholes on a regular basis? There could be many hangers on who get sanctioned for 90days on a regular basis but get love bombed at the end of the 90 days everytime. Have an excuse for a party for when the 90 day sanction ends. Celebrate together and completely turn around the old view that it was a sad thing.

You must understand millions of people thought they could/would be able to emotionally and psychologically go on as you are.

I would argue that Billions of people are loosely in a religious belief that is not a very big part of their life and they are probably agnostic if they stopped to think about it.

This does not present any significant problems emotionally and psychologically and they go on as PIMO or PIMA JWs do. I think this applies to every religion or non religious belief. People of no specific religion or atheist or just their own unspecified beliefs.

There is no toll on your emotional health if you have the attitude that we don’t have all the answers.

My prediction is that many more JWs will slowly join the camp of “maybe JW interpretations are not quite right but we don’t know either and I love the good people trying to apply Christian principles” so they just go with the flow.

I know of elder couples who are so lenient and understanding. They are so humble and come across as we are so imperfect please don’t expect too much from us and we won’t from you.

From now on I see it’s all about love and being understanding. Things that were frowned upon before are now delt with in a much more understanding tolerant way. Even if it does come to a 90 day sanction that’s not too bad and it’s very rarely ever going to come to that.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

90 sanction and it probably won’t even come to that if you say you are sorry

Yes now is the time to get DFed not years ago:)

• Elmer
    Elmer

Hi GrreatTeacher,

I have been onto this clown for over a year. And I’m not a teacher! The clown goes by many names: MikeJW, Teddnzo, Elena, ExBethelitePimo, Elderberry, and a few others I can’t recall at the moment.

It really shouldn’t be that hard to discern that this clown is a Troll, but many here continue to feed the troll!!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Remember when Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, demanded his manifesto be printed in major newspapers and his brother recognized the "voice" as his brother's ramblings?

And after reading previous letters his brother had received the FBI agreed?

Yeah, instead of living solitary in a cabin in the wilderness he's now in solitary in a Federal Penitentiary.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I now knew for certain in my mind that the GB are not who they claim to be. This is not a toll in fact it is the opposite it is such a relief and a huge weight lifted off your shoulders."

Back in the 80s and 90s, one could write the WTS and ask questions and they would write back. In the last 20 years if one writes, then they send the reply to the congregation's elders. It's like the GB is not humble enough to accept that non-Bethelites can have good ideas about the Bible too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit