the toll of being PIMO

by enoughisenough 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    What specifically was it for you?

Situations that were finally sufficient evidence to me that there truly was no direction by "Holy Spirit". Yes, I feel pretty damn stupid and/or gullible when I admit I actually DID believe in that Voodoo Hocus Pocus (as I call it now) concept.

Elders appointed by HS?

What about the guy appointed (by HS?) who was having an adulterous relationship that had gone on for EIGHT YEARS?

What about the elder who was in an adulterous relationship with a person with whom he was "studying" and planning to confess to the elders and divorce his wife until the notice from the CO that he was chosen (by HS?) to deliver a keynote talk at the District Convention? He delayed his "confession" and divorce until after the convention as it was his opinion that HS had determined HE WAS THE BEST PERSON to deliver that talk. WTF?

What about the malicious, underhanded dealing between elders vying for positions and status or even just the vicious campaigning to get the votes of the BOE to support them? AHHHH, YOU CAN FEEL THE LOVE!

There's the short version.

• Halcon
    Halcon
    What about the elder who was in an adulterous relationship with a person with whom he was "studying" and planning to confess to the elders and divorce his wife until the notice from the CO that he was chosen (by HS?) to deliver a keynote talk at the District Convention? He delayed his "confession" and divorce until after the convention as it was his opinion that HS had determined HE WAS THE BEST PERSON to deliver that talk. WTF

This made me laugh. Wonder what went thru the guy's mind while he was up in that stage.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    “the elder who was in an adulterous relationship with a person with whom he was "studying”.

Studying what? Anatomy and Physiology? Musta been playing God.

Surely the Holy Spirit knew that only he was uniquely qualified to read the prepared talk that in reality any 12 year old could read, right?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Surely the Holy Spirit knew that only he was uniquely qualified to read the prepared talk that in reality any 12 year old could read, right?

In all honesty, that is exactly what he believed. He was not intending to "leave Jehovah" or the Organization. Just a temporary "out for a few months" and then be right back in (but with a new wife) and no doubt he would still be in Jehovah's favor. I have to say that on a 1-10 scale for a speaker, he was a 10. He was greatly loved and respected by everyone (except his fellow elders in his Cong who saw his narcissism and BS). Unfortunately for him, they were determined that he would never be reinstated. Now maybe THAT is a true sign of HS direction?

• Gordon
    Gordon

Follow the light of truth- I think the main reason PIMO haven't quit the JWs, is because they won't publicly tell the truth about how they really feel. Once you start telling the truth about your feelings, the KH will make leave.

Then you can begin living the life that you were meant to live, not the fake reality that JW dogma has forced on you.

• LittleScaredyCat
    LittleScaredyCat

It's becoming exceedingly difficult. I have been PIMI/Q for many years. Emphasis on the PIMI while quieting the Q side.

But the questions can only be muted for so long. The older I get the louder they become. The rapid changes are not helping whatsoever. They are only making the questions scream even louder.

I have been dropping some of my questions here and there to my husband (who is a PIMI elder). Some of them he has attempted to reason with me on (lovingly, he isn't a harsh man). I truly want to agree with his reasoning points, and some of them I have been able to agree with, but for the most part I don't. And he knows it.

I see the pain and concern of this weighing on him and it makes me feel terrible. That mental toll is the absolute worst on me. I love him so much and I don't want to hurt him or rock his world in a bad way.

But my own world is horribly rocked. So yes, my mental health is struggling and it's only getting worse.

• Elena
    Elena

The best advice for anyone taking doubts in a negative way is to reframe it.

Reframe your thoughts whatever you believe. Be content in knowing that you may not have the truth, or at least the entire truth. There is probably more to it.

This applies to both atheists and theists.

I suspect the GB will even come out and admit in the future that we may be wrong about lots of things. I also suspect most JWs know this already.

But we can still have hope in the Bibles promises even if we almost certainly don’t have absolutely the correct interpretation of the entire Bible

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Here is my situation that may be a help to others who are confused or feeling it is a toll being physically in by mentally out or agnostic.

I was brought up as a JW and went to MTS school and served in London Bethel in shipping Dept many years then I was a driver in transport department. I slowly woke up over a decade or longer, then the CV19 Vax mandate was the final staw.

I now knew for certain in my mind that the GB are not who they claim to be. This is not a toll in fact it is the opposite it is such a relief and a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

some JWs feel guilty all the time. They have been brainwashed into thinking that they are not doing enough free work for the GB or that they are not living upto what the GB has brainwashed them into thinking God wants them to do.

using Star Trek as an example I used to be a zealous Trekkie. Now I just have fond memories of all the things I did as a zealous Trekkie but now I just don’t like Star Trek as much.

But I still like the people and I love all the social aspects that Star Trek (JWs) use as an excuse to get together.

Most social clubs have a common interest that starts it all off. Even if that common interest no longer holds any weight it’s the people getting together is what many still like.

I’m agnostic as to if God exists but I still have hope in the Bibles promises and this helps me. I’m certain the GB have got most things wrong perhaps everything.

But living by the Bible and studying it is very beneficial even if it is just another book written by men. Have some hope in the Bibles promises is better than having no hope.

Staying physically in and mentally agnostic is the path I have chosen. PIMA and staying JWlite which means not really doing anything but not actually leaving altogether.

I hope this helps others who may be going through a huge mental crisis when they genuinely believed in the past but now are having doubts about the GB. Or even past doubts and like me they know for certain that the GB are not who they claim to be. They are charlatans.

It should not be something that puts you into a depression. Instead start to accept that we just don’t know the answers to life’s largest questions but that is OK. You can still have hope in the Bibles promises even if we don’t understand it all.

Be comfortable and happy, be content in accepting that we don’t have all the answers and neither does any else. The future is an interesting place and as to what happens after death, well nobody can take away your hope from the Bible even if it may not be true it’s better to have that hope than none at all.

So please do not feel it’s a toll being PIMO or like me PIMA. It is the opposite. What is a toll is staying PIMI having all that weight on you.

I know some say they were happier being PIMI than they are now being PIMO, but this is where PIMA comes in, it’s the best of both worlds.

The Matrix movie is a brilliant example where the bad guy called cypher wished he never woke up to the truth. He wishes he could have stayed PIMI as he was happier believing something that was not true. But once you know it’s not true you can never go back.

Well why not PIMA, where you keep the possibility open that some of the Bibles promises may prove true? Best of both worlds.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

It’s no toll now, staying JWlite is more than easy.

even staying pimi is easy

jesus yoke that used to have a light load and was kindly has turned into just air. Jesus said it would be refreshing and comfortable yes his yoke has turned into an inflatable pillow

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what are these " bible promises " being mentioned ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit