the toll of being PIMO

by enoughisenough 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I never stepped into another KH after the generation false prophecy that was abandoned in the Nov. 1995 WT. I took a few years to sort things out and then took a position.

While not PIMO, I was definitely hiding the fact that I wasn't a beliver in watchtowerism any longer. During this time (8 years). I was a man without an identity, lost.... only a shadow of a person.

My heart goes out to each and every xjw because most go through something like this.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

In the 80,s I was on a countdown to when the Generation lie would collapse and thought this would bring the Society down like a house of cards. When it was changed I thought this is when most would wake up. This was when I realized ,it really is a cult, plain and simple.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" a Cult" in the sense that it uses every Mind Control Technique there is, and that is stronger than Reason and Truth.

In my early days of being fully awake, I could simply not understand how that "House of Cards" could not fall soon, I expected it for a while, as each ridiculous move and the blatant lies mounted, it didn't happen, because of Mind Control.

Mind Control is all that keeps that House of Cards standing, it is a Super Glue.

PIMOS have to face the fact that it will not fall anytime soon, the only glimmer of hope is that Super Glue loses all its strength when Heat is applied to it.

The Heat of Truth can do the job, if you can direct it upon the House of Cards of your loved one's delusional faith.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WOKENFROMJWCULT:

I assume you are referring to the 1995 changed Generation teaching! One might have thought it would bring things down like a House of Cards, but that was not to be!

This certainly woke me up and I felt like I had been punched in the gut when I heard it. I knew then and there I had to get out and that we were being strung along like fools.. I was super right to have held onto my job.. I made plans to ‘Fade’.

While some Witnesses remained ‘asleep’, other thinking JWs left the religion in the years after that.. Some JWs who stayed (maybe PIMO) realized they needed to get better jobs because they certainly were going to grow old ‘in this system of things’.

This was twenty nine years ago and certainly somebody would have been able to do something to prepare financially in that amount of time.. I’m glad for their sake if some JWs did!

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

It’s no difficulty being PIMO.

it’s comparable to some football (insert anything here) fans and someone in the group doesn’t like football but loves the social club aspect so pretends

• Elmer
    Elmer

MikeJW just turned back into Jehovaxx!🤪🤪🤪

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    During this time (8 years). I was a man without an identity, lost.... only a shadow of a person.
    My heart goes out to each and every xjw because most go through something like this.

SeaBreeze, when I read your post, I was overwhelmed with memories of that empty feeling. "Without an identity" defines it well. I had been a very respected, "prominent" elder (circuit & district parts, delegate and speaker at an international assembly). Then there was that moment I came to the realization that I was NOT in "The Truth". Everything I had believed came crashing down. I was able to see beyond the curtain. It was all A LIE!

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain - Katherine Walden

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@DesiriousofChange

Then there was that moment I came to the realization that I was NOT in "The Truth".

What was that moment for you? I have always been struck by the fact that "that moment" varies so much from person to person. Seems like there should be more similarity in why people leave. But I've come to realize that the reasons people leave are quite different from person to person.

What specifically was it for you?

• Gorb
    Gorb

It made me sick in 2008. Couldn't pretending it anymore.

Since our fading, better then ever.

Main problem for me was hearing all the wrong statements, double talk, the fake kingdom smile, every meeting was better then ever and the end is near.

I studied Watchtower history and knew that the official published history of Watchtower was wrong, false and a lie.

At that moment Watchtower had many political connections with UN, UNHCR and OCSE.

So, my conclusion was, it is all about money and influece.

G.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Sea Breeze: But I've come to realize that the reasons people leave are quite different from person to person.

I think it's because there are so many ways in which the WTS separates itself from other denominations of Christianity. Rutherford seemed to have been a contrarian, but also a man of supreme ego. Having his own brand of Christianty must have appealed to him, so he went about making changes that would differentiate it from others.

At first, that sense of separation can make someone feel unique and special. Some begin to feel differently when they have to deal with the effects of shunning, or the blood policy. Many know well the ostracism of deliberately refusing to take part in holiday or birthday celebrations. And we all know that challenging these policies risks being disfellowshipped and shunned. At some point, you will feel like something is very wrong.

A 'good' JW will suppress those feelings. Anyone else will pull back the curtain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit