Will Armageddon Survivors Be Able to Marry?

by Expanded-Mind 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Thanks to all of you for your responses!

I had seen the references to the possibility of some resurrected ones marrying, but my question is specifically in regard to SURVIVORS of Armageddon.

It appears that iwantoutnow and truth_b_known had both heard similar ideas floating around the JWs. It is probably true that there was nothing clearly stated in the publications. This idea may have been started by some speaker veering from the script. But, what I find interesting is that there were others from the '70s that heard this same line of thought.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts... much appreciated!

• atomant
    atomant

l remember many elders speculating that once the earth is full theres a chance mankind may go on to inhabit the rest of the universe.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Men will marry but be smooth like the Ken doll and squat when they pee.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Given what I've often said about what the WTS's "New System" would really be like...

...I'd be surprised if "Armageddon Survivors" would even be allowed in the same fucking room as a member of the opposite sex, let alone marry one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If all the people who lived on earth are resurrected with all the JWS that made it through Armageddon and there will be death during the thousand year rein, that sounds like a human population explosion.

I think Jesus will have to neuter everyone just to keep things workable..

I see a lot tubes being tied and a lot of castrations happening.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If all the people who lived on earth are resurrected with all the JWS that made it through Armageddon and there will be no death during the thousand year rein, that sounds like a human population explosion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

l remember many elders speculating that once the earth is full theres a chance mankind may go on to inhabit the rest of the universe.

I may be wrong but I do think that was speculated in one of their publications at one time .

And the reasons put forward then was that the planets are in different stages of being prepared for human habitation .

Or something along those lines .Most likely it was stated between the 60`s - 80`s time frame.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Expanded Mind....

Sorry I misread your question. We always had the hope of marriage after Armageddon, after all ,we expected to survive in those days. The possible “termination of the marriage arrangement “ was seen as a very future thing- like at the end of the 1000 years. At that time Earth would be comfortably full.

Looking back , what naive fools we were !

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Doesn't matter it's like saying what type of magic flying carpet should I buy!

• tiki
    tiki

And another lunacy I recall....those who didn't reproduce prior to Armageddon in order to fully pursue kingdom interests, if they were past the age of childbearing on entry to the new world, it would be like Sarah and Abraham....their reproductive powers would be regenerated. But no sex for resurrected ones. Only for survivors and children born to them.... And....perhaps resurrected babies would be raised by childless survivors thus satisfying their parental desires.

But...with former desires "passed away"....(from Isaiah).....the desire for sex could easily be relieved from the survivors psyche, a loving provision no doubt.....

There also were calculations regarding how a gradual roll back resurrection could "logically" occur....with ample accomodations for all...but yes at the comfortable satiety of the planet, population would supposedly remain static. Or......the planetary mass could expand.....allowing further creatures......human and otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit