Will Armageddon Survivors Be Able to Marry?

by Expanded-Mind 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All the constantly increasing intellectual burdens - that any smarter-than-average JW has to carry for WT cosmology just to remain tenable* - merely demonstrates to me is that, at its core, the supernatural aspects of the Bible simply cannot be taken literally...

...the logistical pretzel-twisting needed to maintain plausibility (particularly with things like the Deluge, and especially the WTS's New System) can't help but get to the point where it stretches credibility past the breaking point.

*...rather than just shutting your brain off and blindly trusting it all - something I personally was simply unable to do, particularly the older I got.

• atomant
    atomant

Yes smiddy now that you mention it l too have a vague memory of reading it.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Again, thank you for your responses!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Luke 20:36 says in the resurrection they do not marry cause they are like the angels. This matches the heavenly body talked of in 1 Corinthians15. But the Bible does not seem to address the JW doctrine of mortal earth dwellers in a literal millenium. I think it is sound to believe that the heavens and earth are covenantal in nature increasing in their dominion over the mortal world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit