Talk on "Reaching Out"-Only What BOE Thinks Matters

by Simon Templar 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheListener
    TheListener

Simon I was so excited to read your op. You just never know what will really upset someone and get them to think. Hopefully she continues thinking and eventually you are free.

I hope my wife has a moment like this one day.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    He cannot have departed much, 'cause exactly the same was said here, and that is across the Atlantic.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It really depends on how much ass-kissing one does to get ahead in that organization.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    They don't want anyone that might ask what it is stopping them from being appointed--it could be simply an easily corrected situation. But totally shutting them out for asking--I hope they end up losing all their hounders, and the ones left do a lousy job. And I hope they don't know how to run the video system, constantly having videos buffering, mis-clicks, and even getting blatantly Satanic videos right on the screen by mistake. And I hope they succeed in getting half the congregation to doubt not only the washtowel but the whole of Christi-SCAM-ity.
  • flamegrilled
    flamegrilled
    Per what TheOldHippie said - we also had exactly the same three points said by the speaker. There must have been some "behind the scenes" outline.
  • stillin
    stillin
    Surely that Bethelite brother "applied" for Bethel service. Was that not an act of presumptuousness? Should he not have waited for Bethel to have found him due to his exceedingly spiritual nature?
  • aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Total BULL SH1T. I know of a wealthy well connected brother that wanted M.S so bad! He had the DO roll up on an elders meeting with the CO. The DO started kicking ass and taking names. Those clowns couldn't appoint him fast enough. Knowing what I know now, you couldn't pay me to serve. Most organisation show gratitude to volunters. The WBT$ inc. wonders why they have a shortage. They should be used as a case study in university "How NOT to run a corporation"!

• nugget
    nugget

Funny that the talk was about reaching out and the substance of the talk was about discouraging brothers from showing ambition. In the past brothers were able to ask why they hadn't been chosen so they knew what to work on now it isa sign of presumption.

Nothing like this religion for treating people like morons.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

1) If any Brother asked why they haven’t been appointed, and wants to know if there is a problem or condition that exists, that Brother is too “presumptuous” and therefore, can’t be used. 2) No Brother should ask about this, but just wait on the body to act. If he isn't appointed, that means that the BOE feels that he isn't qualified. That's it.

I have been told the exact same thing in the past before I got fed up with the bullshlt. Then they wonder why no one wants to "reach out" anymore. After watching men who cheated on their wives, embezzled from their employers, were regularly drunk etc. getting rapidly appointed because they gave large $$$$ to the congregation while hard-working, conscientious men who kept out of the spot light were overlooked and put down I have done everything I can to avoid any "privileges".

HYPOCRITES!!

• Tallon
    Tallon

You couldn't make this nonsense up ... pathetic.

If the BOE for some reason deems a brother to be lacking in a specific area and needs more time to work / improve on it and therefore is overlooked, how on earth is the brother supposed to know if he isn't allowed to ask?

Would be interesting to know what percentage of Elders actually approach brothers who are seen to be 'reaching out' and tell them the reason(s) for not being appointed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit