by pepperheart2 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Printing”?

Seriously?

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - One new Watchtower and one new Awake each year now, with some reprints in between.”

Hmph.

Makes it sound like the “Writing Dept.” is basically reduced to a couple of (newly-neckbearded) twentyish-year-old remote workers, operating out of their mom’s basement.

😏

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I think I will invite several JW's over for supper. I will serve leftovers from a few months ago that have either been sitting out on the countertop or at the back of the refrigerator turning green. If it's good enough for their "spiritual" food it should be good enough for physical food.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's often been said that the WTBTS' Watchtower & Awake magazines are written at a kindergartener level. This explains why WT's writing department is on the brink of failure. Notice the following excerpt as to why many publishing companies go belly-up:

"What percentage of writers are successful?

Within the book publishing industry, it is agreed that the odds of an author getting their work published stands between 1% and 2%. Despite this low number, more than 95% of manuscripts received by publishers and agents are below the level the standard required."

Summary: WT's writing department writing skills have always been sub-standard!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did anyone see the recent video where a sister said (and I’m paraphrasing quite broadly because I can’t remember her exact words): “I used to enjoy making placements of literature and derive real achievement from that, whereas now I focus on making placements of love and concern by our conversations which is more satisfying.” I laughed out loud! It used to be all about the literature. Now it doesn’t matter. How Watchtower has changed!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes!

That stood out so much to me.

They could tread in dog dirt and spin it as a 'wonderful thing' these sadly deluded people!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The sister said:

"...now I focus on making placements of love and concern by our conversations...

This strikes me as odd too, since JWs focus less on personal conversations than they used to.

Now it's more like "let me show you this video" or "go to jw dot org to have all your questions answered."

Witnesses seem much less eager to have a conversation with people than when I was a publisher.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thats because all they know how to do is deflect the conversation to a website.

Communication skills have definitely gone by the way side.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ScenicViewer - “…Witnesses seem much less eager to have a conversation with people than when I was a publisher.”

Probably because by now, too many people know too much uncomfy stuff and are asking questions the Org doesn’t want the rank-and-file to know about.

😏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm wondering how they can grow if they discontinue door-to-door work, or if they allow it to become the least-used method. Is the website really that successful at getting people to convert? Are the bookstands working that well? Are they pushing informal witnessing as the best option? If so, what kind of guidance are they offering?

Rebranding is tough in the best of scenarios. But a rigid fundementalist cult would have a particularly difficult time of it. I'm actually curious as to what direction they are taking and what the short-term effects will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit