Another Question for Those Against Capital Punishment

by StinkyPantz 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm totally against CP. Not because it's more expensive to keep people alive, nor because an innocent person might just be executed. I disagree with it totally on moral grounds, grounds that say it is wrong to commit legal murder.

Englishman.

• Realist
    Realist
    Which is worse? A convicted murderer getting executed or a convicted murderer being released after serving the minimum of a life sentence, 15 years?

in my opinion murder can never be justified not even by the state. suffering cannot be balanced by inflicting more suffering. the only responsibility of the state should be to protect the public from dangerous subjects.

depending on the case it might be justified to release a person after 15 years of prison.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Where is the stunning reasoned appeal that the death penalty is an effective deterant that doesn't kill innocent people, and isn't just an enculturated method of making people feel better about bad things by (supposedly) removing a bad person?

Could it be... there aren't any facts to defend it?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

BTT

Just so all you supporters of the death penalty get your fair say; I know this topic will surface again, and it seems we might all save ourselves a lot of time THEN if the pro-death penalty faction would try to defend their stand NOW, as we'll just present the same evidence that seems to have shut up the pro argument NOW. I really don't buy you all suddenly got busy...

One day, someone will have the guts to say they're wrong...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Abaddon-

I am pro-CP, but I think that you should start a new thread. People will see that this is an old thread and not even look at it. I'll comment on a new thread if you start one.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I really don't buy you all suddenly got busy...

I didn't even notice the thread had been revived. It was dead for two weeks. I'm not going to read thru all these pages to see what's been said already. Start a fresh thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit