This Cult Should Be Called to Account

by berrygerry 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• berrygerry
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    This is too sad, It is amazing that this boy that has been recorded can remain so calm. I hope he keeps surviving..... and so sad to hear the way this mom reasons about life.... reminds me of my sister. A very depraved JW way of thinking... wishing your children were dead rather than simply 'believing in a different way of life.' That is definitely mental abuse. I hope this boy survives, and it looks like, with the help of his older brother... he will.....
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Reminds me so much of my childhood. Being called insane and mentally unstable for wanting to enjoy high school, making "worldly" goals or "worldly" friends. Being told by a parent that they were counting down the days that they could legally kick me out of the house and out of their lives. The good ole days...
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    What a horrible woman. She sounds like the wicked witch of the west.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Man, if the mom has to go to court and that tape is played in front of the judge...well, I'd like to see the look on the mom's face, that's for sure. I'd to see just how firm and sure she is about her words then. I'd bet she'd like to take back at least a few of them.

There was no love in her voice, no love at all. Only concern that her boy follow the Watchtower way and that's it. She didn't give a lick about what he had to say or think in the least.

And it sounded like the other person in the car was also a female, not sure who that would have been, maybe someone older?

At any rate, this is a really good example of the way the truth really is behind closed doors. I've seen it myself many times. It's our way our the highway. It's way worse than the world's way. And I know, cause I was raise in the world.

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan

I had a similar reaction from my own parents.

Unfortunately, I wasn't as calm as he was.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think the longer "Satans World" stubbornly keeps on existing without the WT Apocalypse coming along to wipe the slate clean for JWs, the more unhinged a lot of the hard-core true believers are gonna get.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Wow that was like listening to my mom. Condescending, self-righteous bitch reveling in the power her cult has over her son. Hopefully he's able to break free, become a success and twenty years down the line when he's high on life his zombie mom will look back on her own miserable wasted life and gain some respect for him. Why is it that so many JW parents think that their kids will end up as criminals if they leave the bOrg? Such an incedible display of love and affection (NOT!) Yuck!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    This women's reaction leads me to think she knows there are issues with her religion..she cannot handle the fact she has wasted her life on BS. What an unloving b*#ch, I would love to be part of a community of atheist refuge's for kids in situations like this. We need something like a "secular shelter" for kids suffering from religiously abusive homes. Horrible.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

I hope the son saves some money for counseling.

I think the mother says out loud and angrily what IMO the majority of witness parents think.

If you are atheist, you have mental problems; you only want the world, your beliefs and opinions mean nothing, there is no life outside the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit