Were You Successful In The Ministry?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

No, I wasn't successful, because from the start I knew that people weren't interrested in the message we had for them. When people answered the door, it showed on their face that they weren't interrested. It wasn't hard to tell that people didn't want to be bothered.

It would have been a different story if people would have came to me for a bible study.

Being somewhat shy, I really hated to bother people and I understood them very well, when they declined a magazine or a bible study. I never did like to force people to accept what I believed in. By respecting their point of view, a witness cannot be successful.

To have success, a witness has to be bold and tell the people that HE has an important message from God's organization. I was too polite and shy to impose my beliefs.

Whenever I did place a magazine, they accepted it just to please me, it would seem, because when I came back to visit them a week later, they didn't answer, or they said they didn't have time to read it. It shows that they took the magazine to get rid of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit