No One on GB Anointed

by TakeOffTheCrown 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Those at Pentecost Jesus' followers were said to have visible flames over their heads indicating they were anointed....Cornelius and his group were said to be visibly anointed with holy spirit....but none of that from Russell's time through today in the WTS organization. You have to take that person's word for it that they are anointed.

(Acts 10:30-48) 30 Accordingly Cornelius said: “Four days ago counting from this hour I was praying in my house at the ninth hour, when, look! a man in bright raiment stood before me 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been favorably heard and your gifts of mercy have been remembered before God. 32 Send, therefore, to Jop′pa and call for Simon, who is surnamed Peter. This man is being entertained in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.’ 33 Therefore I at once sent to you, and you did well in coming here. And so at this time we are all present before God to hear all the things you have been commanded by Jehovah to say.” 34 At this Peter opened his mouth and said: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him. 36 He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ: this One is Lord of all [others]. 37 YOU know the subject that was talked about throughout the whole of Ju·de′a, starting from Gal′i·lee after the baptism that John preached, 38 namely, Jesus who was from Naz′a·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil; because God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they also did away with him by hanging him on a stake. 40 God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead. 42 Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the One decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name.” 44 While Peter was yet speaking about these matters the holy spirit fell upon all those hearing the word. 45 And the faithful ones that had come with Peter who were of those circumcised were amazed, because the free gift of the holy spirit was being poured out also upon people of the nations. 46 For they heard them speaking with tongues and magnifying God. Then Peter responded: 47 “Can anyone forbid water so that these might not be baptized who have received the holy spirit even as we have?” 48 With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to remain for some days.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well it's a claim that can never be proven!

So are they "anointed for heavenly rulership"? How can it be proven? Have any who have died ever sent a message or sign showing "hey! I made it!"?

Of course not.

So it's a bold assertion made, and those who believe it are the ones who validate the claim by going along with it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    what like every single so called anointed member before them?
  • Syme
    Syme

Of course they're not anointed. There's no such thing as "anointed". There's no resurrection, there's no Heaven and no New System of Things(tm).

Now, let's get on with our lives.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Well it's a claim that can never be proven!

So are they "anointed for heavenly rulership"? How can it be proven? Have any who have died ever sent a message or sign showing "hey! I made it!"?

Of course not.

No one will know for sure.

The GB should seriously consider the possibility of not receiving a resurrection. Once they fall asleep in death, they will not rise up in heaven or earth; they are no more.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    The classic aphorism "fake it till you make it" may well apply.

Faking it can be very dangerous.

• Calebs Airplane
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    Charles Russell was never a theologian. He never passed the seventh grade. He was never an ordained minister at all. He just made shit up. Russell was an idiot and wrong. Rutherford was truly the snake oil salesman that knowingly ripped people off.
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    Charles Russell / the Watchtower / the Jehovah Witness dug up the works of Arius who was completely and utterly kicked out of Christianity and the his works banned from the Bible in 320 AD. The true Bible was assembled intentionally to completely refute Arius (Watchtower). But yet the use the "Apostate" (Arius's words) Bible as their foundation - and still rail against Catholics.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The self proclaimed men in the WTS couldn't be anointed because they lied and misled so much concerning doctrines.

Just on a side note , How can false prophets who preached Eastern Pagan traditions such Pyramidology be anointed ? ie. C T Russell, J Rutherford

If you read the bible it says this .

Rev 7:4 – And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the people of Israel:

Sounds like the anointed are already chosen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit