My First Visit...

by Stephanus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

They poked fun of our belief that our daughter is in Heaven; they couldn't just let that one ride, they had to win points, even at the expense of the feelings of parents whose daughter had died only 1 month earlier. Whether you believe that or not, would you have done what they did? As to why I'm going, just how do you think I could get revenge? I know I can't achieve anything in a meeting, I'd just be thrown out if I made a scene, so why would I try?

Give me a little more credit, please. I'm going to a meeting where they don't know me; I just want to sit quietly and observe. Call it a fact finding mission; I've been to a book study at an elder's house and found it to be the single most boring experience I'd ever had; I want to see if all meetings are that bad in a consistent fashion. It's just good old fashioned curiosity; it may even give me a little more empathy for those here if I see what was expected of them every Sunday...

It may even turn out to be Fred's KH, in which case, I can tell him to "F*** Off!"

• hippikon
    hippikon

I wish I could go with you. I think It is a good thing that you do. But you better take "The Red Pill" with you just in case you get traped. I'm in no position to launch a rescue. (better take a barf bag too)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The Sunday Public Talk and WatchTower Study are ALMOST as boring as the book study. TRUST ME.

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit